In room Baby Sitting

Underboss101

1st post, and trying to plan our first cruise with my wife and 2yr old daughter. I was justing wondering which cruise lines would be the most kid friendly that age, and do any of the cruise lines offer any in room baby sitting, and does that depend upon the cruise line, or the individual cruise ship?

Carnival and NCL offer kids programs that start at the age of 2 - and they will change diapers. On Carnival, Camp Carnival opens at 7:00 so you could feed your child at the buffet or wherever, and then go to late seating dinner while she is enjoying Camp Carnival. Or you can eat together in the dining room and then drop her off at Camp Carnival and enjoy a little adult time til 10:00pm. After 10:00pm, Camp Carnival offers group babysitting for a per hour charge.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean offer in room babysitting, but their kids programs start at 3 years of age and they must be completely potty trained.

1st post, and trying to plan our first cruise with my wife and 2yr old daughter. I was justing wondering which cruise lines would be the most kid friendly that age, and do any of the cruise lines offer any in room baby sitting, and does that depend upon the cruise line, or the individual cruise ship?

Hi Underboss :)

HAL offers in cabin babysitting for any child who is old enough (4 months) to be allowed on the cruise. During our Westerdam Cruise, our daughter and son in law were able to get someone to baby sit for our then eight month old granddaughter in their cabin almost every night of our cruise.

Royal Caribbean also offers it but the child must be at least a year old. Celebrity, however, will do it for a child that is only six months old.

Archived