When do you receive cruise documents.

mdnikki

Hi,

How far in advance do you receive your cruise documents and what is included in that package?

Thanks

Source RCI FAQ:

If you reserve your cruise vacation online, you will be given the choice to receive your cruise documents electronically or by mail. If you choose to receive them electronically, you will receive an e-mail with downloading instructions when your documents are ready. If you choose to receive your documents by mail, they will be printed and sent to the address you provided. If you reserve your cruise with a travel agent or a Certified Vacation Planner, your cruise documents are sent to you (or your travel agent) 20-50 days prior to sailing, assuming your reservation is finalized and your payments have been made. Group documents and those that include air arrangements require additional steps and will be sent within 30 days of sailing. Documentation may not be provided in advance for reservations finalized the week of the sailing - guests will obtain pertinent details at the pier prior to boarding, and once onboard. If you have any questions, please contact your travel agent or Certified Vacation Planner directly.

I booked with a RCI vacation planner so I'm assuming my docs will come in the mail...right?

I do still need to do the online checkin don't I???

Sorry but this will be my first cruise with RCI and I don't want to goof anything up...

Dianne

Did final payment on Monday for April 14 Trans-Atl and our sister-in-law (our cruise TA) said she would print them up and send them in a couple weeks. My hunch is that once the final payment due date (and final payment has been made) has passed they are allowed to be created fairly soon after.

Not sure exactly what to expect from her. She said the packets have changed a lot since out last cruise where we got a sort of wallet like folder with luggage tags, a book and a bunc of other stuff related to perparing and chekcing in.

Our cruise leaves on March 16th, and we received our docs earlier this week. I noticed you used a TA...that usually slows the process down by a few days.

I would be perfectly happy with e-docs if they would still send out luggage tags. Until that time, I guess I'll continue to be a tree-killer!:eek:

We are sailing on 3/2/08 and have a TA. She received our docs on Monday, Jan. 28th, and we picked them up from her that day. There have been times when we received them only 2 weeks prior to sailing.

We are first timers leaving May 5, 2008 on the Carnival Imagination, and we are using a T/A. I think if she waits until 2 weeks before we leave to give us our documents I will most likely be a total basket case. I will check with her tomorrow...:confused:

When we got our docs about 2 weeks before, we were sailing with a big group. That might be what held them up. Another time my DH had an award from his company and you could use it for purchasing items or travel. We chose travel and applied the funds to a cruise. But, we had to use a cruise agency out of New Jersey (they worked through the award company). So, that time we also received our docs about 2 weeks prior to leaving. My TA is wonderful and always calls me the minute they are delivered to her office which is usually about a month - 6 weeks before we sail.

Archived