Amenities at Sun Resort??

sunlover4988

Thinking about taking the RCCL excursion to this beach as my husband and I just want to RELAX all vacation--away from our kids, work, etc. Husband keeps talking about getting a massage...already booked beach excursions for other stops that definitely have that option. Wondering exactly what we'd find at Sun Resort.

Have read quite a few posts and expect that we'd need to apply Deep Woods before the excursion but are the bugs buzzing around you to the point it'll be bothersome.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe we should just stay on the ship at that port....

Thanks for your help!!

Lisa

I was there last week.Good value for your money.It is clean and safe and the people are great.very friendly.the snorkle thing is alright also.We went out and seen dolphins on the way to the reef.The guys slow the boats so everyone could see.Thesawch

Hi there. My husband and I just visited Sun Beach through RCCL and found it absolutely beautiful! There's a really nice beach, a big, elevated bar right off the beach, clean bathrooms, fresh water showers, beach chairs, plenty of shady areas to relax, kayaks, floats and souvenirs to purchase. You can also go snorkeling on the barrier reef from the island which we did and really enjoyed. For some pictures, check out their website:

Stop with the spam Cable guy !

Now u visit the island with your husband and not with a few friends ?

How about u stop creating nicks to promote sun beach resort ?

I guess sun beach is desperate for costumers since losing all the cruise lines contracts due to bad guest reviews and bugs problems

We did the Sun Beach Resort excursion from the RCCL Grandeur of the Seas in late January. The beach is beautiful, like it was said in the previous posts. If you and your husband are just wanting to "get away from it all" this is the place to be. There are no massages offered when we were there. There was a nice bar, kayaks for rent ($9) and beach volleyball set up.

The ony drawback was that RCCL requests that you meet in the lounge at 6:45am to prepare to for the excursion. This was very early for us....

There is enough time to take in a couple of hours of Belize City when you return from Sun Beach Resort. We went to our cabin, changed clothes and went back down to the tenders and caught one over to the mainland. We had a nice conch fritter lunch at the Wet Lizard and did a little shopping before returning to the ship.

Wayne and cathi

Miramar Beach, Fl.

Archived