snorkling and rain forest

bluezy

I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful rain forest in Dominica. But also love to snorkle and don't want to miss the champagne bubbles. Is there some way to do both? It's just my DH and I and cann't swing a private tour. Any suggestings? We will be in port from 10-6 Thanks

I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful rain forest in Dominica. But also love to snorkle and don't want to miss the champagne bubbles. Is there some way to do both? It's just my DH and I and cann't swing a private tour. Any suggestings? We will be in port from 10-6 Thanks

Yes, it can be done. Back in 2005 we booked a Champange Reef tour through our ship (Princess). But we also wanted to see Trafalgar Falls and/or the Emerald Pool. We were able to get a mini tour by talking to some of the taxi drivers at the pier. There were some other people there who wanted the same thing. We went to the Falls (nice walk, beautiful view) ... didn't chance the Emerald Pool because it was further away. We were in port about the same amount of time you will be. I would have LOVED to have seen more of the interior ('cause what we did see was beautiful) but am sooo glad we didn't miss Champange Reef (& I'm a nonswimmer!)

You might want to check with your CC roll call to see whomever else wants to do the same thing & then share the cost of a personalized tour.

Looking at the boards here it seems there are several who would do a good job. Many in our CC group at that time went on a longer interior tour with Renyo? ...who they loved.... but we had already booked the Champange Reef Snorkle & I'm glad we didn't cancell. One of the other threads on this board talks about Irie? .... while they booked a tour just for the ?4? of them, most of the taxis are actually vans, so if you get a group together you'll save money.

Anyway, have fun there. I'm jealous. I LOVED Dominica.

Archived