Paradise Bar and Restaurant snorkeling

Matt1108

I would like to hear more about Paradise Bar. What type of facilities do they have there. While I'm am a big snorkeler but my wife would only do it for about 15 minutes. I was thinking about Eden Rock, but I don't think there is any place for her to go while I'm in the water. Any ideas or suggestions???

They have a changing room, bathrooms (only one for each gender, no stalls, which made it hard when 50+ people were snorkeling there), a restaurant with a bar, lockers, and a small beach with lounge chairs. There is a wide swath of coral between the "beach" and the water. The "beach" is also right up against the sidewalk. The stairs used to enter the water can be interesting when the wakes from the tenders work their way over. LOL!

I have some pictures of it in my web scrapbook, if you want to take a look. Eden Rock Dive Center is right next door -- you can even see it in my picture of the Paradise -- the light blue building just beyond the green roof.

I wish I had taken some pictures of the beach area. Sorry about that.

http://suebeedesigns.com/bnlmusic/shipsndip3/tuesday.html

The snorkeling there was GREAT! But, I think we'll try Eden Rock next time, instead of booking Cayman Shore Snorkel through Carnival. The walk isn't that much further, and it's half the price ($15 for equipment, vs $32 for the Carnival excursion).

Here's info about Eden Rock Dive Center, if you want to check out their facility, and what they offer:

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

Archived