9 and 11 yo on princess?

theefarmerswife

Our kids are 8 and 14 and they love cruising with us on Princess. I would definitely recommend rebooking onboard. You don't even have to know for sure what cruise you want to do as they will book it as an undetermined future cruise that can be applied anytime in the next four years. By doing this you only have to pay a minimal deposit of $100 per person and you get a $200 onboard credit for your future cruise. You can then let your travel agent know when you have determined when you want to sail and they can often get a better rate than you would get directly through Princess, but you can still apply your future cruise credit. It's a great deal!

We cruised with our kids on the Caribbean Princess when they were 11 & 13. We all loved it. We're trying Carnival next month, mainly because we got a deal we couldn't pass up, but I wouldn"t hesitate to cruise on Princess again.

We have not been on a Princess cruise yet, but have done alot of research on Princess, and I feel the kids programs sound great. I like the fun/play activities combined with the educational programs.

We actually just booked a cruise on the Crown Princess for our 9 and 4 year old in October.

Go for it ...

We love Princess...but when we took my husband's son (9 at the time), I don't think he was overly impressed. He's not a social kid, so the kid's program was pretty much a bust. I thought it was great, but definitely kid dependent. I would hesitate to suggest that there are "educational" programs incorporated on Princess...at least when we sailed. Fun for kids, but not much to stimulate the brain.

hi all my hubby and I are going on a princess cruise (our first) in 2 weeks, our kids have been pushing for a cruise vacation would it be a good idea to book one while we are on board? is that really cheaper? is this a good cruiseline for tweens? thanks for any advice

On any cruise line, the older the kids get, the more their age group's activities become glorified "icebreakers". By the time they are teens, it's pretty much accepted that socializing with their peers is the entertainment, no matter what guise it takes.

Of course the older they get, the more the general ship venues/activities become appealing to them as well as the adults. But I can definitely see why alot of families let their kids bring a friend from home along, or go with cousins. It's a great hedge against a shy teen not clicking with other kids that happen to be on that cruise.

I also think that a cruise with more shore days is better for teens. That way you've got lots of excursions to choose from.

We cruised for the first time this summer with our 12 yr old DS and our 9 yr old DD on the Carribean Princess and they loved it! They did a combination of kids club, hanging with us and playing with their new friends. We ALL had an awesome vacation!!!!!

Archived