Icys adventure pacific sun part 1 the beginning

icemaiden2310

Review Pacific Sun N806 Feb 2 2008

Firstly thanks for all the good wishes before sailing and even bigger thanks to thos great cc’ers who came to sail away it was great fun having u guys there! Thanks heaps

If u get bored easily then skip this bit

This cruise was to have a very different beginning to all the others I have been on as it left from Brisbane. Getting to Brisbane was the first hurdle to get over. Coming from Port Macquarie it was difficult to find some form of transport to get me there without having to book extra accommodation and travel via Sydney then to Brisbane. I settled on the bus which was not as bad as I thought it would be. For $112 return it was a bargain. To fly I was up for nearly $1000 extra in fares and accommodation. Got bus at 1 am port Macquarie time and slept till Byron Bay (7 30 am).Arriving Brisbane about 11 am. Each passenger had 2 seats so u could lie down, luckily I had my pillow and I am vertically challenged so I fitted perfectly. One thing to remember if bussing it is when u go to sleep don’t lay facing the back of you seat because when the driver turns a big corner quickly you will wake uo on the floor of the bus with 3 or 4 backpackers peering down at you . I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were very pleased that I was ok and they wouldn’t have to give me mouth to mouth. Had booked secret hotel deal thru wotif and was given The Royal on the Park including full buffet brekkie for $150 it was fantastic. Brisbane is sooooo cool. The hotel was just a step away from all those great shops. It took me a several times getting lost and asking the same policeman twice to find my way back to the hotel but the next day I did fine! Policeman was very nice asked me if I needed help to get to hotel but I said I knew where I was going.

Embarkation

Holy cow what a bunfight it is to get on the ship. I nearly went back to the hotel and waited till half hour before sailing. Line up to put bag in .This took at least 30 minutes. Then go in next door and get your boarding colour. Ours was brown L. Lady says go have a coffee and come back in 40 mins okey dokey we go have coffee round the corner. Friend travelling with me was in charge of boarding tickets this was great having someone else in charge. When on your own it can be quite traumatic being solely responsible for all those passes tickets etc. After coffee go back and sit very hard chairs waiting for brown to be called. Travelling buddy says to me what colour is this pass I say brown why? He’s colour-blind and doesn’t know what colour it is .He is no longer in charge of tickets of any kind. Finally get called and seems like another eternity till we get to the part where u can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The beagle is heading towards us and the young guys behind us make smart comment about hiding all their dope. Ha Ha very funny everyone line up against the wall. My travel companions hope they get frisked as the beagles mother is quite cute (from the male point of view) Finally after all being sniffed we get the all clear and head towards the light. We quickly separate ourselves from young blokes who made funny joke about hidden dope and keep away from them the rest of the cruise.

Yes we are onboard! Head to our cabins M11 T grade ghost cabin was mine. I had this cabin on my own and found it to be great. Heaps of room. Cabin boy was Joel with his assistant being named pong .Poor pong was the butt of many jokes but he took it in his stride and soldiered on. The fact that he didn’t understand a word probably helped. This is my third Pacific sun cruise and I would have to say the the cabin service was no where near as attentive and my previous cruises. Often forgotten towels, bathmats, pool towels, ice .Every day something had to be requested. I found that I had to leave the do not disturb sign if I didn’t want Joel or pong to come barging in to the cabin. This could have been at any time of the day and up till about 9 pm

Hi Icy & Welcome Home

Am loving the first part of your review! Can't wait for the rest.

I was one of those loyal CC-ers waving to you last Saturday ... OK ... that was after we were frantically waving at someone we thought was you - and then realised it wasn't (she was quite happy to wave back to us though - so we probably made her day!!!):eek:

Once proper identification was made via the mobile phone - we could be assured that it was you we were waving to this time!!!

I loved seeing the Pacific Sun off last week - it was the first time I had seen a ship leave from the dock ... last time I was at Portside I was one the ship - as I will be next time!! So that was a great perspective. Took a few photos - which I'll post and put the link up eventually!

Can't wait for more review! Keep it coming Icy!:D

Review Pacific Sun N806 Feb 2 2008

Firstly thanks for all the good wishes before sailing and even bigger thanks to thos great cc’ers who came to sail away it was great fun having u guys there! Thanks heaps

If u get bored easily then skip this bit

This cruise was to have a very different beginning to all the others I have been on as it left from Brisbane. Getting to Brisbane was the first hurdle to get over. Coming from Port Macquarie it was difficult to find some form of transport to get me there without having to book extra accommodation and travel via Sydney then to Brisbane. I settled on the bus which was not as bad as I thought it would be. For $112 return it was a bargain. To fly I was up for nearly $1000 extra in fares and accommodation. Got bus at 1 am port Macquarie time and slept till Byron Bay (7 30 am).Arriving Brisbane about 11 am. Each passenger had 2 seats so u could lie down, luckily I had my pillow and I am vertically challenged so I fitted perfectly. One thing to remember if bussing it is when u go to sleep don’t lay facing the back of you seat because when the driver turns a big corner quickly you will wake uo on the floor of the bus with 3 or 4 backpackers peering down at you . I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were very pleased that I was ok and they wouldn’t have to give me mouth to mouth. Had booked secret hotel deal thru wotif and was given The Royal on the Park including full buffet brekkie for $150 it was fantastic. Brisbane is sooooo cool. The hotel was just a step away from all those great shops. It took me a several times getting lost and asking the same policeman twice to find my way back to the hotel but the next day I did fine! Policeman was very nice asked me if I needed help to get to hotel but I said I knew where I was going.

Embarkation

Holy cow what a bunfight it is to get on the ship. I nearly went back to the hotel and waited till half hour before sailing. Line up to put bag in .This took at least 30 minutes. Then go in next door and get your boarding colour. Ours was brown L. Lady says go have a coffee and come back in 40 mins okey dokey we go have coffee round the corner. Friend travelling with me was in charge of boarding tickets this was great having someone else in charge. When on your own it can be quite traumatic being solely responsible for all those passes tickets etc. After coffee go back and sit very hard chairs waiting for brown to be called. Travelling buddy says to me what colour is this pass I say brown why? He’s colour-blind and doesn’t know what colour it is .He is no longer in charge of tickets of any kind. Finally get called and seems like another eternity till we get to the part where u can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The beagle is heading towards us and the young guys behind us make smart comment about hiding all their dope. Ha Ha very funny everyone line up against the wall. My travel companions hope they get frisked as the beagles mother is quite cute (from the male point of view) Finally after all being sniffed we get the all clear and head towards the light. We quickly separate ourselves from young blokes who made funny joke about hidden dope and keep away from them the rest of the cruise.

Yes we are onboard! Head to our cabins M11 T grade ghost cabin was mine. I had this cabin on my own and found it to be great. Heaps of room. Cabin boy was Joel with his assistant being named pong .Poor pong was the butt of many jokes but he took it in his stride and soldiered on. The fact that he didn’t understand a word probably helped. This is my third Pacific sun cruise and I would have to say the the cabin service was no where near as attentive and my previous cruises. Often forgotten towels, bathmats, pool towels, ice .Every day something had to be requested. I found that I had to leave the do not disturb sign if I didn’t want Joel or pong to come barging in to the cabin. This could have been at any time of the day and up till about 9 pm

Hi Jen,

Welcome back, hope you had a ball. I'm sure you missed your room mate from November :D .

So now that you have been on the Sun, then the Dawn and now back on the Sun..what is your verdict, are the people that said the Sun was better right or wrong?

Don

Hi icemaiden2310 (Jen)

Loved the first part of your review looking forward to reading the next instalment.

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

There is a part 2 and i will ut 3on tonight.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=711588

Just going out now for a hit of golf but will try to put no 3 tonight

Luv Icy

Archived