What to do in St. Martin...

cheflauraleh

My husband and I are visiting in March on a Wednesday and so far I have planned some shopping expeditions. We plan on taking the bus to Marigot in the morning for the market. Was I just dreaming this or do they have a spice market as well? I would love that since I am a chef! The rest of the day we planned on having a wonderful (though not expensive) lunch. Would love some suggestions for that! We also would be going back to Philipsburg to look around more.

What do you think about this itinerary? Would my 26 year-old husband be completely bored? Should I plan something else? What would you suggest? Also are the buses an efficient way to travel? Would it be better to just take a taxi? I'd really appreciate all of your suggestions and recommendations!

If all that you're planning is to get to Marigot for the Wednesday Market and back to Philipsburg, I think that taking the bus might be a great adventure for you.

Yes, they offer spices. There may be some questions about their authenticity, but they are offered.

Check out some of my photos over in my PhotoBucket.

For lunch, what might you be looking for?

gary

I love the pictures! Is it ok to bring the spices back into the US? In Turkey they vacuum sealed them for us, but do you know if they would do that in St. Martin?

For lunch we are open to either city, Philipsburg or Marigot. I'd like something good, but not expensive (we'd like to spend less than $15/pp). I'd prefer something authentic, meaning French, Creole, or Caribbean, rather than American food.

Is there anything else you would suggest we do on the island. Anything cultural or historical or just interesting? We are probably going to be on the beach all day the next day in St. Thomas, so we aren't really wanting to go to Orient.

Thanks again for the quick reply and the photos!

Archived