Major Tom - 3 Cave System???

lawtyger

Would Like to apologize to kcsooner regarding the questionable display the tour guide did on the bus in front of you and your teenage girls.... I spoke with Major Tom and he assured me that this guide has been dismissed and actually reported to the tourism board for his actions. He will not be allowed to work in the tourism industry in the future according to Major Tom.

Again, I am sorry for my assumptions and hope you accept my apology to you.

Major Tom runs a top notch tour operation (as many will concur with within this thread), and although perhaps smaller than the big boyz in that market, places stress on safety and knowledge of Belize to all his guests that use his company.

Kudos to all that have participated in this thread and shared their personal experiences beit good or not so good......

. . . for starting this very stimulating thread! :D Many happy returns to you all!

"The unexamined life is not worth living."--Plato

"Toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son."--Pedro Calderón de la Barca

Now that all apparently seems right in the world again, and kcsooner received a much deserved apology, I just really really want to reiterate the following point I previously made - in MY quoted words:

What I don't want to happen is that my anger at YOU [referring to Travel Angel] for your baseless questioning of my experience (or the experience of others) to get confused or applied to my excursion with Major Tom. We enjoyed the excursion with Major Tom's outfit, and enjoyed our second time cave tubing, but were disappointed for the reasons already expressed. . .

Anyone considering a cave tubing excursion would do themselves a disservice if they didn't include Major Tom as an option for this fun and aesthetically pleasing excursion.

The above statement does NOT come from a poster like Travel Angel, who is apparently so emotionally vested in this thread (and an excursion he did not participate in) that a phone call. . .

I spoke with Major Tom and he assured me that this guide has been dismissed and actually reported to the tourism board for his actions.

. . . was required to be placed to verify the truth of the matter before providing a well deserved apology to another cruise critic member. The above statement comes from a person that was disappointed in their experience, but did NOT mean to suggest that others would feel the same or should avoid a Major Tom experience. The look of concern on Major Tom's face as he helped George walk showed me the quality of the man and I genuinely believe that if he had the opportunity he would do whatever it took to ensure I'd never be disappointed on a Major Tom excursion again. Or, in the alternative, he would instruct one of his guides to drown me while in the dark cave :)

My advice to those researching any excursion is to search and read as much as you can and then look at what you read as a whole to make the most informed decision you can. And whatever you do, don't just assume that a poster with 1000+ posts is more objective, wiser, or will provide you with an unbiased or neutral opinion any better than a poster with 20, 50, 100, or 200+ posts or any better than a person who literally just experienced the excursion. You never know, the 1000+ poster may just be to close to the action when they start calling Belize from the USA to confirm whether something a cruise critic member posts is accurate. The dead give away is always when they start attacking (allegations of "exaggerating" / "questioning") even the smallest negative statement or review, and really, they shouldn't have a dog in the fight.

Well, hopefully all is still well in the world. While I have a lot of positive attributes, one of my negative ones is the unfortunate desire to just twist that knife one last time after smelling another's sense of superiority in the air :D.

P.S. - Travel Angel, regarding this:

. . . if you had a problem with your tour, why did you not bring it to the attention of Major Tom and ask for some type of reimbursement.

The next time you talk to Major Tom, please suggest that the reimbursement I would NEVER ask for (but which YOU clearly suggested I might have asked for), should go directly to George to cover any medical treatment, hopefully only minor, he may have required. That would be a long distance call well spent.

My stimulation of the thread has now officially concluded :D!

Archived