costa fortuna quad cabin

chickswithsticks

We are booked to travel on Costa Fortuna in March, on Caracas floor. Can anyone comment about style of the quad cabin or maybe even photos? Also, is there a mini fridge available in room? or only if you use the mini bar?

Welcome! We haven't been on Costa before (going in March also). However, this ship is very similar to Carnival ships. You should have two twin beds on the floor that can be put together to make a queen, plus two bunks that come down from the walls (pullman). The steward puts the beds up in the morning, and puts them back down in the evening while you are at dinner. It is my understanding that there is a mini-fridge and you can ask the steward to remove the minibar items for you so you can have room for your own stuff.

If you are on the March 16 sailing, stop by our roll call and say hello :) .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=613192

We are booked to travel on Costa Fortuna in March, on Caracas floor. Can anyone comment about style of the quad cabin or maybe even photos? Also, is there a mini fridge available in room? or only if you use the mini bar?

There is a mini fridge in every room stocked as a mini bar. If you remove an item, it is considered consumed and you have now purchased it. There is some room to place your personal drinks in (2 - 4 tins of drink). You might request the room steward to have the contents removed, if possible.

The Caracas deck has a variety of rooms, In, OV, Bal and Suites. My comments pertain to a balcony and I would suggest it applies to the OV rooms also.

The balcony room has the 2 beds that are placed together for a double. In a room for 2 between the bed and bathroom is a sofa.

In a quad, a bed is in the place of the sofa, and there is an upper directly above this bed requiring the ladder to climb up (ladder is supplied). Only 1 person is up high and the other 3 are at floor level. You have lots of room to move around.

(An inside is 20 sq ft less than an OV and the configuration may be different. Perhaps 2 uppers hanging from opposite walls - my guess.)

Hello Chickw/sticks (drummer?),

Love the Name!!

Just got off w/agent at cruiseline (working on "meet and mingle" for the roll Boo's on...if you're crusin' the 16th, we're rounding up everyone's names for their t-shirts).

She said that the balcony (and OV) cabins, that sleep 4, have a sofa/ sitting area, and a extra birth that folds into the wall (said we wouldn't even notice it). The sofa makes out into another bed. She also said that it's a little known fact that these cabins "have just a bit more leg room." If you have a Bal., we have the same room you do. Glad you brought it up..hadn't looked into it before.

Yes, on fridge. Yes, they'll remove contents (just make sure room staff remembers to make a note).

Happy sailing!! Mick

I was thinking about how fun it would be to try to make it from one top bunk to the next one without falling. It also looked like it would be fun to bounce on the bottom bed and spring up on the top bunk without whacking your head into the ceiling or scraping up your back on the other bunk bed....

Yep...normal ain't fun!!! We've worn out our disco ball, having dance parties on our coffee table...it's a big, wide, sturdy one. Taught my 6 yr. old to stage dive into the couch. Other times we move all the furniture and roller boogie while watching Xanadu!! :D

I was thinking about how fun it would be to try to make it from one top bunk to the next one without falling. It also looked like it would be fun to bounce on the bottom bed and spring up on the top bunk without whacking your head into the ceiling or scraping up your back on the other bunk bed....

Yep...normal ain't fun!!! We've worn out our disco ball, having dance parties on our coffee table...it's a big, wide, sturdy one. Taught my 6 yr. old to stage dive into the couch. Other times we move all the furniture and roller boogie while watching Xanadu!! :D

LOL sis! You and I need to go to bed now! I'm still up because my DS and I are planning our comedy act for the talent show on our cruise! What's your excuse?

Can't sleep!!! But was thinking the same thing when I saw you up!!! What time zone would allow a kid up this time of night? Hum?

Hope you guys are having fun. :D

We had a ball! I'm still stuck in eclectic homeschool zone...gotta get used to the fact that bedtime is a good thing! Was good to have the time with him, but we were both grumpy in the morning!

C

Archived