Help with time conversion in Western Caribbean

lp1980

I called Cpt Marvins and Carnival and got two different answers.

Is there anyone that REALLY knows what the time difference is? Carnival said the ship will stay on the same schedule as the port. I am wondering if she did not account for Daylight savings time though, which would mean one hour ahead.

I want to book a tour in Caymens and Cozumel and am worried about converting this. Legend gets to port in Caymen at 7:00 AM, can we make a tour at 8:00 Caymen time?

TIA, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this:confused:

I had the same problem wrapping my mind around the times on our cruise last year.

Remember, the local tour operators depend on the cruise ships for business. They will not leave you at the port and let you miss your excursion.

Just print out the emails from the tour operator (Capt Marvin) and then read your Carnival Capers every night. They will tell you when to change your clock (in big writing on the front of the Capers).

Capt Marvin does this every week (probably every day). I am sure it will work out. Just bring all your notes and emails with you so you can assure yourself that it will work out.

Check out this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/

You could use the meeting planner. It will give you the time(s) for multipe locations on a given date. Just be sure to enter the correct Georgetown (there are two).

Here's an example for today: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=2&day=10&year=2008&p1=156&p2=377&p3=1235&p4=-1

Until Daylight Savings Time (March 9), Grand Cayman will be the same time as Miami. After March 9, Cayman is 1 hour earlier.

In my case, the Valor will dock on March 18 at 07:00 and leave 16:00, so that's 06:00 and 15:00 Cayman time.

(And yes, I'm using the 24hr clock. I only use AM/PM is for gas & groceries.:p)

Archived