Can I have my own table for 4 for dinner???

RN7997

We will be on Liberty of the Seas in May with our two sons. In the past we have always cruised with a group and sowe sat with them for dinner. I am really looking forward to this trip. i think it will be sooo much more relaxing being "alone" as a family, ya know??? That being said I never thought about the dinner situation. I would reallylike to have our own table so we are not an issue for others and others are not an issue for us. Is this possible???

Sure you can - Just have your travel agent put in the request for a table for 4.

If you booked direct w/ RCI, then just call them directly to make the request; it shouldn't be a problem.

Have fun! You will LOVE the ship (The Kids too, waterpark is so great!)

In my last cruise, I booked early and "Request" for table size for 4. When I check in, I assigned a table of 8. Thus, I request again when I was on board, but I did not get it :mad:. I finally share the table with other 2 mature couples. It is fun with them and know some new friends, but I still prefer to have our own table so we can have better family time :D.

Table sizes are requests only - they are not guaranteed. Definitely have your TA request a small table though, as you have a better chance of getting one if you request one in advance.

Once you get to the ship, go to the dining room and check your table (the number will be listed on the front of your seapass card). If it does not meet your needs, then look in your compass for when the Maitre'd will have hours that first afternoon to handle table issues. If at all possible they will try and accommodate your request, but it may not be until the 2nd or 3rd night. Also there are limited numbers of smaller tables so be aware that he may not be able to fulfill your request.

I was wondering about the table situation too. What do most families do? Do you sit alone or with other people?

Don't worry, you will not get the table smaller than your request size. Your family may share the table with others but they will not break your family (or party) to different tables. If your party is bigger than the MAX size table they offer, they will put the table together (It did happen to us when we have a party of 18) .

If they do break your party to different table, talk to the host or the head waiter, I believe they will be very happy to re-arrange.

On our last cruise (with kids aged 7, 5 and 12 months) we really wanted a table for just our family. As soon as we boarded, we discovered we were seated at a table of 12. We immediatately got in a line to see the maitre'd and he changed us to a table by ourselves. We also requested a table near the door since we knew we would need to take the baby out to walk around from time to time. It was so nice to be able to take her out for a few minutes and to peek in to see if our food was there yet.

Thanks guys!!!! I called and requested a table for 4 and asked to be seated near a window!!! (Thanks for that tip Michelle!!)

I am so excited for this trip!!!! It is cold and snowing here today....Caribbean sounds wonderful!!!

Thanks guys!!!! I called and requested a table for 4 and asked to be seated near a window!!! (Thanks for that tip Michelle!!)

I am so excited for this trip!!!! It is cold and snowing here today....Caribbean sounds wonderful!!!

If you have Early seating then sitting near the window is awesome because while you are eating the sun is setting! :D

I can remember that 3 of our cruises we have had window tables and got to watch the sunset....just magical :)

Oh no...we have late dining. I was a little worried about that. It seems there is not a "perfect" time to eat! When we cruised with our kids last (2 years ago) we had late dining adn it was toolate. Some days they got a nap and it was fine, but others they were sleeping on the table. We were with other people too and they had no kids so dinner dragged out a little longer than I am hoping it will if we sit alone. Last year DH and I cruised with adults only!!! We decided to tryearly dining and it was too early. We had to rushon board from our portto get ready for dinner and there was never enough time to nap. We hated it, whichis why we decided to try late again. I think this time I am going to be a little smarter. Its vacation. If I don't want to getall washed up and dressed for dinner when we are tired we can do the Windjammer when we feel like it. I was also thinking we could feed the kids and eat alone if we want to. They can go to kids camp, so we'll see. I was kind of hoping the anytime dining would be offered for our cruise. Anyone know if there is any chance of that???

What are your thoughts of late vs early....especially those of you who have sailed Liberty of the Seas the western route???

What are your thoughts of late vs early....especially those of you who have sailed Liberty of the Seas the western route???

I sailed Freedom, the Western Route...same ship, different colors for the bed comforters...lol

We always do Early, there is now way we could ever do late seating with our kids. But some hate early because it's rushed.

Archived