Mariner Cruise Snorkeling Question

frayedend

Hi All,

I am going on the Mariner next week with 2 small children. Needless to say most snorkeling tours are out for me. Does anyone know if the snorkeling at Labadee is good? I am looking basically for a beach day where I can go snorkel and see things. I remember going on Disney's private island (castaway cay?) and snorkeling just to see statues of mickey, not my idea of nature. Anyhow, when I was in Bermuda I had great snorkeling at a local beach. If I can find a beach with good snorkeling my family can hang out while I take a run in the water. I have snorkel gear, so if it isn't available to rent I can bring mine. Let me know if you have any suggestions and if gear is available to rent.

Thanks a lot :)

There is not a lot to see but I was able to entertain myself for a little while and I did see some fish. I think there is a sunken airplane but I did not venture out that far. I would not pay to rent equipment there but since we have our own it was fun to go exploring. I hope this helps!

Are you stopping in Cozumel? If so, Chakanaab has great snorkeling for little ones. There is a shallow lagoon with an opening to the sea or steps into the water. My six year old was quickly able to get the hang of things. The fish are very plentiful without having to swim out far at all. The water in Labadee is kind of green, not the crystal clear Caribbean water seen elsewhere.

Archived