Questions for everyone

G&TQ

I have been reading the boards and I have attempted to do some seraches (having issues) but still have a few questions I am hoping someone will be kind enough to answer.

1. Carnival Vacation Club - I have read that you can get VIP embarkation by joining but can find nothing else about it. I though it was just platinum crisers and cat 11+.

2. Internet- phones - We have a 3 year old we will be leaving for 8 days maybe more and have never gone with out talking to him every day. What would be the best way. Cell phones, ship phones, email.... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Carnival Vacation Club is no longer being offered.

E-mail is an option. When in ports you can find internet for much less than on the ship. All Carnival ships now offer Cellular at Sea. $2.49/min. (much less than the old days) I have had good luck with AT&T pre-paid cards while in port. The pre-paid cards seem to be the least expensive way to call.

Here is a link to the Vacation Club http://www.carnivalvacationclub.com/members/benefits/faq.html (although I think the VC is now defunct, I think they have a different program in place.)

V.I.P. check-in = Is not only for VC members & CCL Stockholders, but it's also for those staying in Suites.(Categories 11 & 12)

===================================

We usually use Pre-Paid cell phones(TracFone with International Calling) and we also use Pre-Paid Calling Cards.

I also take my regular cell, but I don't always keep it turned on due to the fact that I don't want to be charged by the International carriers even if I don't answer the phone.(if the caller leaves a voice msg, you will be charged from your regular carrier AND the International carrier, anyway.)

I also use Internet(I take my own laptop although they have computers on the ship for you to use.)

If using internet make sure to purchase the package on the 1st day...it's a little cheaper.

We usually use Pre-Paid cell phones(TracFone with International Calling) and we also use Pre-Paid Calling Cards.

I also take my regular cell, but I don't always keep it turned on due to the fact that I don't want to be charged by the International carriers even if I don't answer the phone.(if the caller leaves a voice msg, you will be charged from your regular carrier AND the International carrier, anyway.)

Wow! I never thought about buying a cheap prepaid phone just to use for the cruise. Thanks for the idea!

You can check with your cell phone carrier, too. We ended up getting International Calling for a couple of months (and then cancelled). They can tell you what the rates are from each of the ports you are at. And we were also told

to make our calls while off the ship, as it's cheaper than going through the cellular at sea. Text messaging was not extra for us, so we used that alot...not really helpful with a toddler, though....

Archived