Baltic Weather Experiences

swdke

I wouldn't worry about it - just go and have fun. The weather reports were pretty useless. Most days we got some of everything, hot, cold, wet and dry and never enough of the bad to prevent the trip from being wonderful.

-----------

My original comment elsewhere on the board:

We were on the Constellation's July 3-17, 2004 Baltic cruise. We experienced warm, cold, wet and dry. Actually, it was more cold than warm and more damp than wet. In the mornings it was usually cold - I wore four layers. By afternoon, I had usually peeled off the top two layers and put them into my pack. If the sun came out it warm but that was a rare occurance. We took shorts but never wore them. Likewise, we wore very few of the short sleeve items, bringing home 30% of our clothing un-worn.

It only rained hard once, for about 15 minutes. Most of the other times that it rained on us it was light and not a problem. Usually it was simply overcast, windy and cool.

Archived