Special Occasion Gift?

CruisinMermaid

I remembered reading on here somewhere that someone mentioned it was her and her husband's birthdays while they were cruising and that Carnival did not acknowledge or give them an onboard gift. The only reason I bring this up is because when I booked our upcoming cruise, the PVP asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and I indicated it was a wedding anniversary. He said he'd note that on our booking and that we'd get a nice little gift in our cabin. Has anyone had any experience, or not had experience, with this? I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get anything . . . I realize they have thousands of passengers to take care of. . . but I was just curious about other people's experiences.

I think that is why they have the Bon Voyage department - you go in and get the room decorations or gifts or cakes, etc, on your own dime. I have sailed with some sort of occasion everytime and we have never been given any special gift or service. I thought this would come when I reached VIP status. Everyone is cruising for one reason or other (Birthday, reunion, etc) and Carnival would have to up all the cruising costs to take care of everyone with a gift. Let us know if you are surprised.

I think that is why they have the Bon Voyage department - you go in and get the room decorations or gifts or cakes, etc, on your own dime. I have sailed with some sort of occasion everytime and we have never been given any special gift or service. I thought this would come when I reached VIP status. Everyone is cruising for one reason or other (Birthday, reunion, etc) and Carnival would have to up all the cruising costs to take care of everyone with a gift. Let us know if you are surprised.

I was thinking the same thing about the Bon Voyage department. Why would Carnival spend extra to give away something free? I was just curious, however, because our PVP said we'd get something and that there was a section for it while filling out the funpass. I guess we'll find out in 45 days! :)

The TA we used for our Ecstasy cruise last yr paid for my parents anniversary cake in the dining room.

From my understanding either You, your agent or family/friends must pay for special gifts/cakes, etc.(usually thru the Bon Voyage Dept)

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx

The cruiseline itself does NOT furnish anything of that nature w/o someone paying for it 1st.

Archived