Question for recent Dawn passengers

cmztravelers

Not sure what Freestyle 2 is. Just got back from the Dawn 2/17. To be honest, I didn't get the whole Freestyle concept. You still are bound by a timetable as far as when you eat. Specialties are only open in the evening, so you have the dining room, the buffet or the Blue Lagoon for breakfast and lunch and those operate during normal meal times. You just have a choice to pay or not to. I will tell you that the pay restaurants were awesome, expecially Bamboo. However, our dining room experiences were not what we were used to. We talked to several others on the cruise that had been on many prior and they, too, felt that several things were lacking on this one. The food in the dining room and buffet were adequate, at best. It is almost like that by keeping those venues less than "great", they are trying to steer you to the pay restaurants. I recommend the breakfast in the dining room as opposed to the buffet as no matter when we went, the food on the buffet seemed cold. Not sure what that was about.

However, we did have a WONDERFUL vacation. Just not sure that Norwegian is where we want to be anymore.

Archived