Heated Pools?

FlyingGirl

I am sailing for the first time next week and was wondering if they pools are heated this time of year. I know the weather will be nice but obviously not as nice as it is in the summer months.

I am a big fan of laying by the pool, catching some of the rays. Will it be warm enough to go in the water?

The only ship outfitted with heated pools is the Carnival Spirit and this was done because she does the Alaska sailings. My daughter did use the pool during our Alaska Southbound sailing last May and said the pool was warm.

We've only encountered heated pools on the Spirit class ships.

The front Lido pool was heated on the Pride on our NY to Bermuda sailing in July.

The rear adult pool was heated on the Miracle on our NY to Florida sailing in July.

We've only encountered heated pools on the Spirit class ships.

The front Lido pool was heated on the Pride on our NY to Bermuda sailing in July.

The rear adult pool was heated on the Miracle on our NY to Florida sailing in July.

Thanks. I am sailing on the Miracle out of NY and was told they have heated pools and tubs.

The main pool on the Paradise (the one with the water slide) was heated in October. Would have been WAAAYYY too cold to go in if it weren't heated, although it was not heated to my 6-year-old DD's satisfaction. One run down the water slide was enough for her. I had a conversation with one of the crew who maintains the pool, and he said that he had to turn the temperature of the pool way down. He said he came out one morning and the whole deck area was covered in steam from the pool. He said it was up to about the temperature of the hot tubs. I'm sorry I missed THAT sailing! I wouldn't have been able to get DD out of the pool if it had been that warm.;) The hot tubs were nice and hot, not luke warm like I've hears others say.

The pools on the Pride (which is a Spirit Class ship) were NOT heated when I sailed on her in April though. I stuck one foot in the pool, and took it RIGHT back out again! The hot tubs - at least the adults only hot tub in the aft of the ship - was nice and hot though.

if its a crribean cruise you'll have no problem with the water temp.

My GF will not go in the ocean in NY even in summer, because she can't stand cold water.( even though the water isn't cold in summer) :rolleyes: ..and she stays in the pool and hot tubs all week on our cruises...( again we usually cruise in the carribean)

The hot tubs wont be the 100 degree temp that some homes hot tubs are kept at... but believe me, they are hot enough in that weather, even if it is winter time..

Archived