Coconuts & AVIS in Cozumel

Hogladyrider

We just returned from Carnival Inspiration 4-day cruise to Cozumel. We have done this cruise several times and this time decided, thanks to these boards, to rent a car thru Cozumel Insider at Avis and drive to the eastern side of the island and have lunch at Coconuts!

WOW, the car rental was a breeze. We docked at Punta Lagosta dock and walked to the AVIS downtown pickup location, no problem at all. I had our map with us that I had purchased online thru cancunmaps.com.

Once we were out of downtown I could relax. There really isn't much to see except gorgeous coastline and the roads are smooth but beware there are spots where the road has given out and it is marked only by rocks or a white marker.

We heeded all advice read on the boards and swam only where it was recommended and it was amazing.

Coconuts is just breath taking, that real estate must be worth millions! The food and drinks were great, it got crowded but we were there early.

On the ride back into town we saw several jeeps stuck off the road, so typical. The police were trying to pull them out.

We returned to town, AVIS offered to give us a ride back to the ship but we opted to walk and we enjoyed a quiet ship for the afternoon.

I have photos posted, if you click on the link in my signature it takes you right to the album. Wait til you see the east coast photos and Coconuts!

Enjoy & thanks for all the great advice from these boards!

Susan

Archived