port canaveral question [universal studios]

sac2

hi im sailing april 4 gem...i have a question about walt disney and universal..is it possible and cheaper to take a taxi to universal studio and buy a day pass on my own or its better to do it through ncl...i think there excursion is quite expensive 182 per person...if i do it on my own would traffic be a problem..and does anyone know what the local taxis charge from port carnaveral to universal....also would we have time to visit the kennedy space center?..i think we have about 10 hours there we have never been there so we would like to see both places..if not universal is first choice..thanks for your help in advance..

Depends on how many people you would be travelling with for the taxi roundtrip from canaveral to WDW (which is about 15 minutes from Universal, so the rate would be +/- a few dollars) is 280.00 and adult tickets for 1 day/2park are 82.95 plus tax for adults and 72.95 plus tax for kids.

http://www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/transportation/taxi.htm is the site I found for prices, I'm sure there are more out there, but figured this way it could help you figure things out.

As for doing both Universal and Kennedy, it takes an hour or so one way to Universal, so with the time restrictions that would probably be the only thing to do on that stop.

Hope this information helps and have fun on your cruise! :)

Your cheapest way out would be to rent a car at the port and drive yourself to Universal. It is an easy drive on an expressway. The major rental companies willl pick you up at the ship and deliver you back to the port when you return the car. Best of luck however you decide to pursue your adventure for the day. Hope you have a wonderful day in Florida.:)

Depends on how many people you would be travelling with for the taxi roundtrip from canaveral to WDW (which is about 15 minutes from Universal, so the rate would be +/- a few dollars) is 280.00 and adult tickets for 1 day/2park are 82.95 plus tax for adults and 72.95 plus tax for kids.

http://www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/transportation/taxi.htm is the site I found for prices, I'm sure there are more out there, but figured this way it could help you figure things out.

As for doing both Universal and Kennedy, it takes an hour or so one way to Universal, so with the time restrictions that would probably be the only thing to do on that stop.

Hope this information helps and have fun on your cruise! :)

well its 2 of us....$280 for taxi ride to universal ...wow thats kinda steep..that might be a deal breaker for me...thanks anyway

You might want to do a search on Disney or Universal, but the answers that most have posted is that it is somewhat crazy to try to cram either of these parks into a short day visit. It is well over an hour drive each way, assuming no traffic. Add in all the other potential delays and worry about the ship leaving you, then standing in line most of the day does not sound like a vacation or relaxation.

Good luck in your choice.

hi im sailing april 4 gem...i have a question about walt disney and universal..is it possible and cheaper to take a taxi to universal studio and buy a day pass on my own or its better to do it through ncl...i think there excursion is quite expensive 182 per person...if i do it on my own would traffic be a problem..and does anyone know what the local taxis charge from port carnaveral to universal....also would we have time to visit the kennedy space center?..i think we have about 10 hours there we have never been there so we would like to see both places..if not universal is first choice..thanks for your help in advance..

You could rent a car for around $30.00 and tickets are about $80/each, so it would be under $200 for both of you.

There is just gobs of information there. Several posters live and work in Port Canaveral, and there are lots of people asking specific questions like yours. You may get some more ideas there.

Any children? What ages (thinking about their comfort level on a long day's excursion).

How are you getting to Port Canaveral?

If flying, where are you flying into? Did NCL make the arrangements?

Where are you hoteling? Might think about staying in Orlando if you are flying in there, doing Universal and driving to the port. Or if you are staying in a hotel two nights, make the first Orlando and the 2nd Port Canaveral and you're right at the Space Center.

If you are NOT hoteling, I don't think you'd have adequate time for Universal Studios. You could have time for the Space Center, though, if you have to be in Port Canaveral as your base camp.

Don't know how many days you have. Just don't miss the ship because of an excursion with the new earlier on board rule for customs/immigration.

Archived