Wine and Dine Package

FL TERP

Hello,

I would like to order the wine and dine package for my parents on our upcoming cruise. On the Royal Caribbean website it says that you have to report somewhere on the first day of the cruise to make your selections and get a sticker on your Sea Pass.

Couple Questions:

1. Will there be something in my parents' stateroom saying they received this package as a gift or do I need to tell them so they can go get their sticker? It would be nice to have the surprise in the stateroom.

2. Do they have to select the specific bottles of wine they want on that first day? It seems ridiculous that they couldn't select them on the night they want it, but this is the way the write-up on the RC website makes it sound.

Any answers or other suggestions/tips on the wine and dine package would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:cool: Hi Fla Terp---PA Terp here. They will get sticker on their sea pass when they get it upon check in. They can order a bottle at dinner whenever they like. Or have it delivered to room. It is a good way to save money. 15% is added into cost, and depending on which package, you can also save money on indiv bottles. FEAR THE TURTLE:cool:

FL Terp, if you visit RCI website and click on the before you cruise icon and select gifts and stuff (i think that right) you can buy the required wine package from there. All you need is your reservation number and you will be guided to the wine and dine package. From there you can order which package you require, gold, platinum or another and option of 5,7,10, or 12 bottles. Works out cheaper to do before cruise as you dont pay the 15% surcharge. At least thats whwt it is on the UK version of the site, dont think it should be any different on the US one. Hope this help and your parents get a great surprise. Nice gift anyway:) .

Hope this helps.

:cool: Hi Fla Terp---PA Terp here. They will get sticker on their sea pass when they get it upon check in. They can order a bottle at dinner whenever they like. Or have it delivered to room. It is a good way to save money. 15% is added into cost, and depending on which package, you can also save money on indiv bottles. FEAR THE TURTLE:cool:

Thanks. I know I want to get them the package, but when you buy it online it says they have to make their selections when they get their sticker. I just didn't know if that means they have to select the individual wines at that time. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Big game Wednesday night. I don't think I hate anything as much as I hate Duke. But at least MD has been playing much better lately. Hell in a Shell!

Jason

Thanks. I know I want to get them the package, but when you buy it online it says they have to make their selections when they get their sticker. I just didn't know if that means they have to select the individual wines at that time. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Big game Wednesday night. I don't think I hate anything as much as I hate Duke. But at least MD has been playing much better lately. Hell in a Shell!

Jason

Jason, Wolfpack fan here, DH is a blue devils fan(we even have a house divided license plate!!) I will cheer for anyone before I cheer for Duke, but our dog is named Duke (ok ..so I let him win that one!!)

Now, for your wine and dine question, we were just on the Voyager a few weeks ago and pre paid the wine package online.

We had nothing in our cabin when we got there (but remember we weren't doing it as a gift ,but for ourselves,so that maybe why )

When we went to the dining room the first evening, the wine and dine list was already on the table (we knew it was for us as we had a table for 2)and the waiter asked for our seapass to put the sticker on it for the five bottles we had purchased.

One night we went to Portofinos and used it there and on a few nights we didn't finish a bottle and they had it ready for us the next evening.

I think we also opened two bottles one night because we couldn't agree on what we wanted!

You are a sweet son, to do this for your parents.

Kim

As kleg says, you can pick which wine you want when you want. they probably just want to know what package you want. Choose you wine as and when. Enjoy your cruise, dont know who Duke is but sounds like a bad guy (ice hockey? basketball?). Just remember I am from over the pond.:o

Jason, Wolfpack fan here, DH is a blue devils fan(we even have a house divided license plate!!) I will cheer for anyone before I cheer for Duke, but our dog is named Duke (ok ..so I let him win that one!!)

Kim

Tell your DH nothing personal, but he needs to leave the evil empire and cheer for team that isn't pure evil!:D

Thanks for the info on the package. That sounds great. I think the parents deserve it. I turned out OK and that's their doing. Less than two weeks and we all can't wait.

Jason

FL TERP

They do not need make there wine choices the first day. They can choose each night at dinner (Or when ever else they are ordering it) but there will not be a note in their room. Customer Services might tell them at check in but I would suggest that you give them a little note or card just before they go letting them know of the gift. It would be a shame if something fell through the cracks and they never received it because they didn't know to ask.

Works out cheaper to do before cruise as you dont pay the 15% surcharge. At least thats what it is on the UK version of the site, dont think it should be any different on the US one. Hope this help and your parents get a great surprise. Nice gift anyway:) .

Hope this helps.

On the US site the 15% gratuity is included in the pricing and the price is the same price whether you order before or onboard. This what the site shows for one selection.

Wine & Dine Gold - 5 Bottles $129.95USDItem# 2289 - A 15% gratuity is included in the package price listed above.

On board RC charges $113 plus the 15% gratuity or $129.95 for this package.

It is for the wine cellar selection bought prior to the cruise that you don't pay the 15% gratuity but you do pay $2 per bottle more than the onboard price without gratuity added.

Your parents will get a note indicating that this has been bought for them and this is their confirmation or receipt that the W&D Pkg has been bought for them. The way it works is that your take your receipt from which ever way (prior or onboard) that was used to purchased this package with you the first night in the dining room and show it to your waiter. That is when the sticker is added to your Set Sail (onboard) card. On our last cruise (Legend in Mediterranean) they used a separate punch card. Each time a bottle is taken the waiter will either mark your onboard card or punch the separate W&D card.

You don't have to preselect your wines but just order what you want from the W&D Pkg wine list each evening, even on the first one. You can only order your selection when the dining room is open for meals and can take back the unfinished part or even full bottle to your cabin.

You will need their reservation #, sailing date and on what ship to do this.

The wines are listed in the Gifts and Gear section of the web-site. You can see the wines included in each package or you can see the wines that can be bought as gifts. You should know that the wine list onboard is much larger, although the list for the package remains the same.

You can actually print out the different Wine & Dine packages from the RCCL web-site by clicking on "click here for wine selections." But you have to select>copy>paste if you want to print the price lists. They are on two different pages of the web-site gifts and gear section. I've done this myself.

Archived