Tour bus rest rooms

Having been to Europe before I am still wondering why if the buses have rest rooms do they not want you to use them? what is the idea of having them if you are not going to let people use them? I know disposing of waste is a problem but why build he bus with a rest room?

Having been to Europe before I am still wondering why if the buses have rest rooms do they not want you to use them? what is the idea of having them if you are not going to let people use them? I know disposing of waste is a problem but why build he bus with a rest room?

People used them on our cruise.

My guess is that

- disposal facilities may not always be convenient and may create noxious odors for passengers

- they are really intended to provide relief for travelers who have digestive problems (perhaps due to experiencing new foods/drinks) and cannot reasonably be asked to wait 90 minutes for the next 'comfort' stop, or to 'go' by the side of the road.

For the same reason that mothers always suggest wearing clean underwear, imagine for a moment an accident involving an overturned bus with a severely punctured 'sanitary tank' that had not been recently emptied ... not a pretty picture.

I know I would never use one.....especially the ones under the seats at the back stairs.....I would never fit.....I'm 6'-3".

.......and if you make a bomb in there and open the door........everyone knows who did it........:D

The driver and tour guide are probably discouraging their use because they have to clean them up. :eek:

Some can get pretty raunchy. :mad:

Archived