Shopping in Caribbean...

Depending on what your lady prefers I would say either one of these ports have a shop that would excite her. I think St Martin might be a bit cheaper but don't quote me on that!

I am a jewelry shopper. I have a guy we deal with in St Thomas but found some great great deals in St Martin this time. We don't always get to st martin but usually st thomas for sure.

I am a jewelry shopper too and have been dealing with one store in St. Maarten...Their prices are much better than St. Thomas...

Beware of knock off purses (there is a market in the beginning of town in St. Thomas that sells many knockoff purses, know what you are buying...There is a coach shop in town...

If you are looking for Crystal, St. Thomas has the Crystal Shoppe that has 3 stores in town and one in Havensight...The best prices for Swarovski figurines on the islands...Later, Jill:cool:

I agree with one of the other posts...in St Thomas you will find lots of Knock Off Bags. I know in San Juan for example there is a Coach store and the prices were not too bad. We found that Jewelry to be less expensive in St Thomas. My wife has been bugging me for one of those Sophia Fiori ( sp ) Blue Diamond Rings. So we went to Venetian in St Thomas and found their pricing was very good and we saved like 4K +:eek: over US prices.

While in St. Maarten a few years back, I went to the Coach store and purchased a purse for $348. Here at my local Coach store, same purse was $398. I think it was a good savings!

I think St. Thomas has better jewelry deals IMO.

Happy Cruising :D

I like st martin for jewelry savings. I just bought a seiko coutura watch for $370, retail $965, amazon's cheapest $458.

My advice to you/anyone is to know the price of the item you are looking for and how to determine if it is authentic.

If you are considering purchasing something spontaneously, it is ALWAYS worth it to excuse yourself from the store, find an internet cafe and spend the $3 to do about 15 minutes of web surfing to price compare. MAKE SURE that you jot down style/model numbers/names before you leave the store, so you can do your internet search on exactly what you are considering purchasing.

Good luck!

Archived