Tour Guides in Belize

bubbles58

My husband and I will be cruising with Carnival next month and are looking to go to Altun Ha during our time ashore in Belize. We are thinking of using an independent tour company rather than using the cruise ship tour to give us a bit more flexibility. Does any one have any recommendations of which company to use?

Hi! I just got back from the NCL Spirit. I posted on another thread about this.

We used experiencebelizetours.com

Allen was our tour guide. He was fantastic. I can't begin to compliment him enough. The tour included a lunch at a restaurant, which was very nice.

For those people that are handicapped (my son is)...........they have a handicapped accessible van which is wonderful.

This was the first time that I had cruised and booked a tour independently. I was a little nervous, but it worked out just fine.

The Belize tour was one of our favorites.

We were in Belize last week and took a tour to Altun Ha and Belize City with Margaret Tillett, e-mail mdstourtravel1@yahoo.com. Margaret was waiting for us with our names on a card. we waited for other people from the ship who joined at the port until the mini bus was full. Then Margaret took us on a very interesting ride to to Altun Ha, on and around the ruins. You can climb up them which is fun. Then from the coach we saw Belize City. The tour lasted around 4 hours and cost 35$ each. Margaret told us alot about Belize and she is an interesting and informative guide. There is plenty of time left to explore Belize City by yourself if you wished. Some people from the ship did but I thought it looked quite seedy and not attractive and went shopping in the port area. Lots of "designer handbags"

and local goods. Hope you have as good a trip as we did

Gilbert Young is an independent Tour Operator that has a kiosk "inside the fence" in Belize by the restaurant called the Wet Lizard. You can book ahead or wait until you arrive and make arrangements with him when you reach the port.

We call him Gilly.

Gilbert Young is an independent Tour Operator that has a kiosk "inside the fence" in Belize by the restaurant called the Wet Lizard. You can book ahead or wait until you arrive and make arrangements with him when you reach the port.

We call him Gilly.

How do we contact him to book ahead?

Archived