After debarking San Pedro but before flying LAX?

kermite

We're trying to figure out something to do after we leave the cruise but before we go the airport. Our flight doesn't leave LAX until 8:45pm. So that leaves us about 8 hours to find something to do that will work our luggage as well. We were thinking of doing a tour around LA/Hollywood but don't know if any places allow us to store our luggage will we're on the tour. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

RENT A CAR AT ENTERPRISE...ITS ACROSS THE STREET FROM CRUISE TERMINAL...

THEN DRIVE NORTH TO SEE TRUMP GOLF COURSE, MAYBE DINE THERE FOR LUNCH OR WALK ALONG OCEAN-THERE IS PUBLIC PATH AROUND GOLF COURSE..

THEN VISIT WAYFARERS CHAPEL DESIGNED BY LLOYD WRIGHT JR TO SEE UNUSUAL CHAPEL WITH GREAT OCEAN VIEW...

GO SEE SAN VICENTE LIGHTHOUSE OR INTERPERTIVE CENTER WITH HISTORY OF MARINELAND WHICH USED TO EXIST THERE..HERE IS SITE...

http://www.sanpedrochamber.com/champint/ptvicic.htm

DRIVE BACK TO SEE QUEEN MARY 1 OR LONG BEACH AQUARIUM

HAVE MARGARITAS AT GREEN ONION IN SAN PEDRO...THEN RETURN CAR AT AIRPORT OR ???

HOPE THIS HELPS...

We're trying to figure out something to do after we leave the cruise but before we go the airport. Our flight doesn't leave LAX until 8:45pm. So that leaves us about 8 hours to find something to do that will work our luggage as well. We were thinking of doing a tour around LA/Hollywood but don't know if any places allow us to store our luggage will we're on the tour. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

What line are you sailing? If it's Princess I'd highly recommend the luggage valet service. They'll take your bags off the ship and you don't see them again until you arrive home if you live in the U.S. That way you'll only have carry-on luggage for your last day.

Our flight wasn't until 11pm so we just got a room at the LAX Hilton. They had a shuttle to Manhattan Beach so we went and had lunch and then just rested until it was time to go the airport. We had originally planned to tour L.A. but my husband had a nasty cold so he appreciated the rest.

RCCL has valet luggage also. We used it on the Vision and didn't see our luggage until Newark - it was well work the $20 pp! RCCL may have a post-cruise excursion too.

We have done the post-cruise tour of LA with RCCL before and enjoyed it a lot. Worked out great for our 5 pm flight. This time though, we don't fly out till after 11 pm:eek: and I'm really struggling with how we'll pass the time. This luggage valet thing interests me. I can't find it on rccl.com - do you have any other info on it? Thanks

RENT A CAR AT ENTERPRISE...ITS ACROSS THE STREET FROM CRUISE TERMINAL...

THEN DRIVE NORTH TO SEE TRUMP GOLF COURSE, MAYBE DINE THERE FOR LUNCH OR WALK ALONG OCEAN-THERE IS PUBLIC PATH AROUND GOLF COURSE..

THEN VISIT WAYFARERS CHAPEL DESIGNED BY LLOYD WRIGHT JR TO SEE UNUSUAL CHAPEL WITH GREAT OCEAN VIEW...

GO SEE SAN VICENTE LIGHTHOUSE OR INTERPERTIVE CENTER WITH HISTORY OF MARINELAND WHICH USED TO EXIST THERE..HERE IS SITE...

http://www.sanpedrochamber.com/champint/ptvicic.htm

DRIVE BACK TO SEE QUEEN MARY 1 OR LONG BEACH AQUARIUM

HAVE MARGARITAS AT GREEN ONION IN SAN PEDRO...THEN RETURN CAR AT AIRPORT OR ???

HOPE THIS HELPS...

I'm pretty sure you have to bring the car back first. I've known people who can't find the steering wheel after a couple margaritas.

Steve

We have done the post-cruise tour of LA with RCCL before and enjoyed it a lot. Worked out great for our 5 pm flight. This time though, we don't fly out till after 11 pm:eek: and I'm really struggling with how we'll pass the time. This luggage valet thing interests me. I can't find it on rccl.com - do you have any other info on it? Thanks

When I booked the cruise I paid in advance for the transportation to the airport through RCCL. As far as the valet luggage service, we received a notice in our cabin a day or two before the end of the cruise and like I said before, thought is was well worth the fee, which is just added to your Sea Pass. You just have to supply them with your flight information and you get special tags for your luggage. You might try calling them to see if all the ships have this service.

Archived