World Club Question

cunarderqm2

A quick stupid question: The wife and I are joining the QE2 in Los Angeles and this will be our first time aboard as Gold status World Club. When and how do we get our benefits such as the card etc?

I know there are many experienced World Clubbers out there so your input is appreciated.

Tim

The CWC reps provide a card packet at the completion of the voyage. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the right one though. Some reps are more diligent than others.

Invitations appear. Usually your steward/ess will place them in the cabin.

The CWC reps provide a card packet at the completion of the voyage. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the right one though. Some reps are more diligent than others.

Invitations appear. Usually your steward/ess will place them in the cabin.

Is this for people going up a step or for everyone? I was on QE2 in Dec, boarding as a diamond member, and still don't have a new card or the diamond-studded luggage tags. All we got were new pins.

Kathy

Where are these? They sent us new luggage tags but I didn't see any diamonds.

The cards (and diamond-free tags) came in the mail. The pins came to our cabins.

Is this for people going up a step or for everyone? I was on QE2 in Dec, boarding as a diamond member, and still don't have a new card or the diamond-studded luggage tags. All we got were new pins.

Kathy

Where are these? They sent us new luggage tags but I didn't see any diamonds.

The cards (and diamond-free tags) came in the mail. The pins came to our cabins.

Local myth arising from the announcement of new levels and the distribution of "diamond cards and luggage tags." I think the cat made it up.

Since I STILL don't have either card or tag, I'll live in hope of the diamond-studded version.

Kathy

Local myth arising from the announcement of new levels and the distribution of "diamond cards and luggage tags." I think the cat made it up.

Since I STILL don't have either card or tag, I'll live in hope of the diamond-studded version.

Kathy

I still believe that when considering how many voyages you've been on they should also include a tiara!

"Welcome, Madame 3rdGenCunarder, to the Tiara Level of the CWC..."

I still believe that when considering how many voyages you've been on they should also include a tiara!

"Welcome, Madame 3rdGenCunarder, to the Tiara Level of the CWC..."

Not too sure about that idea, speaking purely personally.....

Matthew

I'd prefer a diamond dress stud and cuff link set.....

Matthew

Hey, do spare a thought or two for us first-timers, who are forced to wait in extremely long queues (=lines for those across the Atlantic) and have none of the perks given to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Zirconia, Diamante' and Limoncello Level members...

:cool:

Hey, do spare a thought or two for us first-timers, who are forced to wait in extremely long queues (=lines for those across the Atlantic) and have none of the perks given to the Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Zirconia, Diamante' and Limoncello Level members...

We were thinking of you. As we had tea in the Queen's Room......

Matthew

I have to say that the gold pins are nicer looking that the platinum. But the NEW platinum pins are nicer than the old ones - they look more like silver.

Actually, my son wears both because he is proud of his (recently-disavowed-by-Cunard) club status but likes the gold pin.

The new diamond pins look nice, but we've a ways to go before we get that. Maybe I'll just glue sequins to my luggage tags until then.

Kathy

We were all first-timers once upon a time, you know. It took many cruises and MANY dollars (cue HS for an exchange rate joke) to work our way up thorugh the levels of World Club.

Angela, the tiara idea is brilliant! Much better than the luggage tag--I'd be worrying that some of my diamonds would fall off the tag in transit.

Kathy

but as i had to cancel the last cruise guess i will get any badge iam due on my next one

dave

Hey Dave, are you still sailing the Brilliance 4/14/08? All of us on the Brilliance "Roll Call" thread were wondering why we haven't heard from you. Chime in an let us know your plans. Thanks~

TWI

Hey Dave, are you still sailing the Brilliance 4/14/08? All of us on the Brilliance "Roll Call" thread were wondering why we haven't heard from you. Chime in an let us know your plans. Thanks~

TWI

Uh-oh!

Thanks for the answer, but does this mean we will not be eligible for the gold level internet package? This happens to be my wife's main concern.

Tim

If you are gold now, you get 2 hours of internet time. It doesn't matter if you have a card. Make sure your worldclub number is on your resrevaton form (check the voyage personalizer) so the computers recognize you as gold. You have to buy the 2-hour internet package and then the cost of the package is later removed from your account.

If you will become gold as a result of this cruise, you have to wait until your next cruise to get the free internet time.

Hope that helps.

Kathy

Uh-oh!
Do you think we should tell them??? :o

Dave was also supposed to be in Australia on the 23rd February to see the Queen Victoria and the QE2 meet on Sydney Harbour before his cruise to New Zealand on the Sapphire Princess, but ... :rolleyes:

am very dissapointed i cannot get over there, so will be great seeing any pictures,video. i was originallyplanned to do the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS but had to cancel. was hoping to do the rhytham boat but cannot make it over at all.

enjoy

dave

Make sure your worldclub number is on your resrevation form (check the voyage personalizer) so the computers recognize you as gold.

Where exactly on the Voyage Personalizer can you find your World Club number?

I have made a search on both UK and US Cunard sites and I cannot find my WC number.:confused:

This is our third cruise with Cunard. I contacted them before the new World Club benefits were announced and they told me that we would receive our Gold member pin on an onboard ceremony while on our third cruise.

Are we able to take the two hours free Internet access on this cruise? If so, what must we do to take it?

Thank you in advance

This is our third cruise with Cunard. I contacted them before the new World Club benefits were announced and they told me that we would receive our Gold member pin on an onboard ceremony while on our third cruise.

Are we able to take the two hours free Internet access on this cruise? If so, what must we do to take it?

Thank you in advance

The answers to your queries are on post 19 on page 1 of this thread.

Where exactly on the Voyage Personalizer can you find your World Club number?

I have made a search on both UK and US Cunard sites and I cannot find my WC number.:confused:

Oops! It isn't there. I assumed it was, but I must have been confused with the worldclub pages. When you get your final cruise documents, check to see that your number is on your ticket. Might be a good idea to check your world club account on line to make sure you've been given credit for all your cruises.

Kathy

Archived