World Club Question

cunarderqm2

This is our third cruise with Cunard. I contacted them before the new World Club benefits were announced and they told me that we would receive our Gold member pin on an onboard ceremony while on our third cruise.

Are we able to take the two hours free Internet access on this cruise? If so, what must we do to take it?

Thank you in advance

Your voyage personalizer will not have your WC number, but it should show your status on the first page (booking summary). Check to be sure it's right.

Passengers who have completed two voyages, which you say you have, are gold. Pin or no pin, card or no card, if you board as a gold WC member you get the 2 internet hours. (Be happy with the new WC levels, I think it used to take more than 2 cruises to become gold)

You must buy the two-hour package, then the cost is refunded later. It sounds crazy, but it has to do with their computer bookkeeping. If you use the internet for two hours without buying the package, Cunard will NOT refund your money. More than this I cannot tell you. I suggest you call Cunard directly if you want a further explanation.

Kathy

Your voyage personalizer will not have your WC number, but it should show your status on the first page (booking summary). Check to be sure it's right.

Passengers who have completed two voyages, which you say you have, are gold. Pin or no pin, card or no card, if you board as a gold WC member you get the 2 internet hours. (Be happy with the new WC levels, I think it used to take more than 2 cruises to become gold)

You must buy the two-hour package, then the cost is refunded later. It sounds crazy, but it has to do with their computer bookkeeping. If you use the internet for two hours without buying the package, Cunard will NOT refund your money. More than this I cannot tell you. I suggest you call Cunard directly if you want a further explanation.

Kathy

Thank you all so much! You make this forum a real treasure!:)

The Booking Summary page on the Voyage Personalizer in the US site shows nothing regarding our World Club status (it is void). But the World Club Member Profile shows us as Gold Members. This is our beloved Cunard that I have come to know, love and trust (well, not always...) :D .

Kathy, of course I am very happy with the new WC levels, and I appreciate the four total internet hours, as they will enable me to keep daily contact with family back home. I think the best thing to do is to check all this in the Lobby and the Connexions after embarkation. But thanks to you, I don't go unprepared :).

Thank you all so much! You make this forum a real treasure!:)

The Booking Summary page on the Voyage Personalizer in the US site shows nothing regarding our World Club status (it is void). But the World Club Member Profile shows us as Gold Members. This is our beloved Cunard that I have come to know, love and trust (well, not always...) :D .

Kathy, of course I am very happy with the new WC levels, and I appreciate the four total internet hours, as they will enable me to keep daily contact with family back home. I think the best thing to do is to check all this in the Lobby and the Connexions after embarkation. But thanks to you, I don't go unprepared :).

Glad to be of help. If your WC level isn't on your profile, you might want to print out a page from your profile, just in case your gold status doesn't get reported to the ship.

Kathy

i just got off the qm2 and they explained that you get the card and benefits at the end of the cruise. so if you reach the required number of days during the cruise you do not get the benefits until the next cruise. too bad, same thing happened to me.

i just got off the qm2 and they explained that you get the card and benefits at the end of the cruise. so if you reach the required number of days during the cruise you do not get the benefits until the next cruise. too bad, same thing happened to me.

Right, if you read the world club info, they make it pretty clear that the level you are when you embark determines the benefits you get. I think most people have ther WC level determined by number of cruises rather than numbe of days, this seems the sensible way to go. Also easier for Cunard's record-keeping.

Kathy

"I think most people have ther WC level determined by number of cruises rather than numbe of days, this seems the sensible way to go. Also easier for Cunard's record-keeping."

Not necessarily. If you go to the Cunard site on line and look at your profile they give you a great summary of the cruises you have taken and the cruises you have booked. With modern technolgy it is real easy to keep track of it either way.

Archived