Tampa-Hotels with airport and cruise shuttles

ms simba

I (65 year old woman with walker) am going on my first cruise in December with my nephew who has been before. We will be flying from Mpls, MN to Tampa, staying one night in a hotel, going on the cruise, driving to Orlando, staying a week and then flying home.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a hotel that has a shuttle from the Tampa airport and a shuttle to the cruise docks?

It would be nice if the hotel cost was under $100/night but from what I have researched the prices are a lot higher than that.

We stayed at the Doubletree airport hotel. It has shuttle to/from airport and the cruise port. After the cruise, we called them from the cruise port, they picked us up to go to the airport.

They also shuttle you to anywhere within 2km, including shopping center or drug store, etc.

I (65 year old woman with walker) am going on my first cruise in December with my nephew who has been before. We will be flying from Mpls, MN to Tampa, staying one night in a hotel, going on the cruise, driving to Orlando, staying a week and then flying home.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a hotel that has a shuttle from the Tampa airport and a shuttle to the cruise docks?

It would be nice if the hotel cost was under $100/night but from what I have researched the prices are a lot higher than that.

We are staying at the Howard Johnson plaza downtown in October, recently renovated. It offers transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to pier and a two mile area. No transportation from pier to airport, but that was not a big deal for my group of friends....I have read a taxi is only $22 from the pier to the airport.....we are paying for one night $109 for up to 4 people in the room plust tax. Ybor city, and channelside are all in that two mile area for the shuttle.

Hope this is helpful.

Linda

Hampton Inn Rocky Point is a great choice too. They have free shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the cruiseport, and then they pick you up after your cruise and will take you back to the airport. This was a huge plus for me. I can't remember our rate last month but I think it was $139.00.

Our group is staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point. We are driving in and parking at their lot and using the shuttle to the cruise and they will pick us up when we return. But in checking I did see they offer shuttle's to and from the airport. I did have to call them directly in order to get confirmation since the web site did not show a cost for the room when you include the parking.

We are staying during spring break and prices are higher to start with.

Archived