How do they determine if you have liquor in

HappyPappe

your checked luggage? I am only bringing a 5th of 4 different bottles? Thinking about putting the plastic 5th bottles in 1 bag each of checked luggage? How do they determine if you have liquor in your checked luggage? There are 4 girls going, so we were going to divy up the bottles? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Sheila

If I were to smuggle it on I would empty a few water bottles then fill them with the booze and screw the cap on then put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the locked suitcase in the middle of the clothes. Even if it were to show up on x-ray, it would look like a bottle of water. But that is just the way I would do it if I were going..:cool:

Lonnie

They xray them, and open suspect bags,, and randomly open some even if they pass xray

put the clear alchohol in water bottles, and any brown liqour in snapple bottles ( big plastic ones)

I always put a small piece of plastic wrap over the bottle top befor I put the cap on.. then ziplock freezer bag..

There are many threads regarding this here.. if you do a search on smuggle for instance.. but my 2cents is leave it in the same bottle in your checked luggage wrapped in clothes.. or some use the ziploc bags.. but hey not saying that I do this:D:p

There are many threads regarding this here.. if you do a search on smuggle for instance.. but my 2cents is leave it in the same bottle in your checked luggage wrapped in clothes.. or some use the ziploc bags.. but hey not saying that I do this:D:p

Nah, none of us do it but have spent hours devising how it could be done!:p

Lonnie

your checked luggage? I am only bringing a 5th of 4 different bottles? Thinking about putting the plastic 5th bottles in 1 bag each of checked luggage? How do they determine if you have liquor in your checked luggage? There are 4 girls going, so we were going to divy up the bottles? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Sheila

You'll be fine... I've never had a problem smuggling and I've smuggled a lot! Don't sweat it!

They can see it in your luggage and know what is most of the time.

The ONLY time(on carnival) I have ever seen them ask to open a bag was my friends wife had a 5th of rum and 2 bottles of wine. They took all of it. The rest of us each had something stashed away and they said nothing.

My guess is she would gotten past if it were not for her greed.

I've been told ;) that you could tip the porter a little extra to insure it gets to your room. Seriously, I've never tried it because I didn't feel like the porter did much more than put your things in a pile and send them off to the magic x-ray room. I could be wrong though.:o

Since the porters are long shoremen and not employees of Carnival tipping them to get your illicit cargo to your room is of little help. Having said that, it's customary to tip a couple bucks per bag to, shall we say, ensure your bags get on the ship in the first place!!

Regarding the content of your checked baggage, the DHS folks could care if you brought an entire distillery on board with you! It's Carnival prohibition against bringing alcohol on board... not theirs!!

They can see it in your luggage and know what is most of the time.

The ONLY time(on carnival) I have ever seen them ask to open a bag was my friends wife had a 5th of rum and 2 bottles of wine. They took all of it. The rest of us each had something stashed away and they said nothing.

My guess is she would gotten past if it were not for her greed.

I have posted aLOT on this topic (search by my posts to get a full run-down of how I do it).

Keep in mind that the screening of CHECKED baggage is NOT done by Carnival. It is done by the TSA and its agents therein. Alot of myths exist about confiscated alcohol but I have done it over 25 times and NEVER had a bottle missing or questioned. I have recently bought the rumrunner flasks for my convenience... albeit unecessary for the smuggling part...

I have posted aLOT on this topic (search by my posts to get a full run-down of how I do it).

Keep in mind that the screening of CHECKED baggage is NOT done by Carnival. It is done by the TSA and its agents therein. Alot of myths exist about confiscated alcohol but I have done it over 25 times and NEVER had a bottle missing or questioned. I have recently bought the rumrunner flasks for my convenience... albeit unecessary for the smuggling part...

I thought it was a myth too until they got us last August on the Elation.

It does happen from time to time. And it was Carnival employees that contacted us.

I have recently bought the rumrunner flasks for my convenience... albeit unecessary for the smuggling part...

I bought the rumrunner flasks and they are soooooo convenient. I bring them whenever I travel. We bring a cooler and chairs to Hawaii, and I just fill the cooler with my rumrunner flasks full of whatever booze we want to bring. Plus, they have those little ones that fit in men's cargo shorts ...awfully convenient for refilling while up on deck.

I know Kurbanfan got caught on the Elation, but I just came back from the Elation and had no problema!

I bought the rumrunner flasks and they are soooooo convenient. I bring them whenever I travel. We bring a cooler and chairs to Hawaii, and I just fill the cooler with my rumrunner flasks full of whatever booze we want to bring. Plus, they have those little ones that fit in men's cargo shorts ...awfully convenient for refilling while up on deck.

I know Kurbanfan got caught on the Elation, but I just came back from the Elation and had no problema!

And it won't stop me from doing it again.:D

Sorry but the water bottle trick may be coming to an end soon. Some port personel are checking the tops to see if the plastic seal on the top of the bottle has been broken.... Same concept with the TSA won't let you pass a previous opened bottle of water pass the check points...:cool:

Archived