Why do you bring water onboard?

ms simba

Hi Wine lover,

Congrats, first cruise and Venice too, not a bad way to start!

When and what ship are you leaving from Venice. I know I'll be bringing some nice REI water bottles ( EMPTY ) and filling them on the ship. Not being cheap, but I trust ship water more then local tap and for convenience nothing like having some cold H2O in Europe in August.

I know no way am I dragging a case of costco kirkland bottled and filtered tap water to my hotel in venice :D

We are going in August on Princess Emerald. I am so excited! Hope it's not too hot - lol. I couldn't see me shipping the water over, I think that's a good idea about the REI water bottle! I heard they charge about $4 a bottle on the ship, so that could save some cash - could spend it on something else I'm sure!! Are you also going to Venice this summer? I just can't wait!

I usually take bottled water, reason being, I like to have water before I go to bed and when I wake in the morning. I have a delicate system, and don't want to take a chance getting off balance by drinking the water on the ship when I am used to the water from home or in bottles. I may, though, just bring along an empty bottle, and try to keep it filled from the buffet area,just to see how I do with it.

One more thing, humidity DOES NOT cause swelling. hahaha, I live in the south, and if my swelling was caused by humidity, I would be puffed up all of the time. I find most swelling comes from salt/saline in the water, a very uncomfortable feeling.;)

Humidity does not cause swelling. It may make your hair frizz, but will not cause your ankles to swell.

Desaliniated means that most (not All ) of the salt is removed. There is still some salt.

What most people do not understand is that the potable water is produced using reverse osmosis. The swelling that some people experience is caused by humidity, salt intake (in food not water), the air you breath (yes there is salt mixed with that beautiful breeze you inhale while walking outside on the decks).

The swelling being caused by drinking the ship's water is an urban myth. Most people are really not drinking enough water to flush the extra sodium chloride they are ingesting through the food they eat and inhaling through the air they breath.

Somehow this thread reminds me of the TV show "Bobby G" and the episode where the CEO decides that they should make their bottled water a powdered product?

How would ship's water enter into the equation? Would one buy some else's bottled water to make Clearly Canadian's bottled water?

Archived