Mullins Beach/Suga Suga Beach Bar

atdogbeach

We will be on Barbados with the Adventure of the Seas for one day in May. After loads of research (thanks Mr. Barbados!) we have decided to take a cab from the port to Crane's for half the day, then another cab ride to Mullin's Beach at Suga Suga Beach Bar for an afternoon of relaxation and swimming.

Sounds like a great day, except for this that I just found on a blog:

As was the earlier suspicion, Royal Westmoreland has finally taken over Mullins Beach - at least the spa and the beach bar and restaurant. New signage has now gone up across the road at the spa which is being called Indulgence Spa (like the one at Royal Westmoreland proper) and the walls leading to it now carry the sign - Royal Westmoreland Beach Club. The beach bar and restaurant is still under re-construction but all signs point to that too being re-baptized as Royal Westmoreland. "Morphet has also purchased the famous Mullins Beach Bar and Suga Suga Spa, which are being completely refurbished to form a stunning new beach club for Royal Westmoreland villa owners and renters.":eek:

Any truth to this? Anyone know the scoop? I'd hate to have this great day planned only to arrive at Mullin's Beach and have it taken over by a resort!

Thanks in advance for any information.

If you do know the scoop, please e-mail me at: atdogbeach@cox.net

Archived