Do prices go up?

il26382

Do the price of the cruises go up the closer you get to the cruise? We are wanting to book a cruise for late July and want to go as cheap as possible! Either they have raised their rates already or all of the cheaper rooms are taken already. Also, when I talked to Royal Caribbean on the phone, they quoted me a price of $64.00 for transfer from airport. Website says it is $70.00. Any body have any answers? Thanks!

Oh heck ya. As soon as you decide to do a cruise, you need to book right away. Prices *do* go down but in my experience it just keeps going up. It depends on the time of year/ship/category. If the price goes down you can get that back. If it goes up, you still pay the original locked in rate.

Which ship are you doing/airport you are flying into? Most of us here stay away from cruiseline transport because there are better/cheaper options.

There is no one answer for you, however, usually cruises during the summer months will increase in price as you get closer to the cruise...reason being..the ships fill very quickly for summer vacations. If you are serious about sailing, I would recommend booking as soon as possible. If you need a triple or quad stateroom it is even more important to book early. As far as transfers, you would have to let us know what port and ship you are sailing on. Every port has different transfer amounts.

you will have a final payment date - for short cruises its like 65? days before the cruise- if you cancel by then, you get all your money back- you can probably do a search here and look up the penalty phases to see what they are and or look it up on the rccl.com site

its good to book summer and holiday cruises as soon as you know you might want to go-

good luck and have a great time on the sov.

also- check out the port of departures area of the boards for more on hotels and transportation options to the various ports- port canaveral is under east coast departures- then click on florida.....

Yes, they do. Book your cruise,make your deposit,and then 10 weeks before you are to sail you get a price increase.Royal Caribbean International refers to the price increase as a fuel surcharge.We will see what the FLAG and various courts call it in the near future.

From Orlando to Port Canaveral is about a 45 minute trip. When we cruise alone (just my fam of 4) I get a private towncar (Forida Towncar Service) to pick us up at the airport (round trip cost = $200 but it is still less than the cost per person that RCCL charges)

When we travel with a group, then we get a van to pick us up. You can get vans that hold up to 12 with a driver for $200. Or you can get a shuttle (like Arts or Mears where you just pay per person.

piercetc4 is right. The East Coast Departures board has a thread called "I work in Port Canaveral" and it is the most comprehensive list of transport/hotels for that area.

Do the price of the cruises go up the closer you get to the cruise? We are wanting to book a cruise for late July and want to go as cheap as possible! Either they have raised their rates already or all of the cheaper rooms are taken already. Also, when I talked to Royal Caribbean on the phone, they quoted me a price of $64.00 for transfer from airport. Website says it is $70.00. Any body have any answers? Thanks!

We booked our cruise almost a year ago and it is now showing $800 MORE than what we had to pay.:eek:

Glad I booked early.......:D

Dianne

Yes, they do. Book your cruise,make your deposit,and then 10 weeks before you are to sail you get a price increase.Royal Caribbean International refers to the price increase as a fuel surcharge.We will see what the FLAG and various courts call it in the near future.

The fuel surcharge rant thread is a little bit farther down the page............

Prices will go up if a sailing is selling well. We booked in January for 2 sailings -- one at the end of July and the other in November 2008. Both cabins are the same category on the same ship but different itineraries. The short of the sailings is actually costing us more than the longer one! Also, before the month was out, each of the sailings rose in price as much as $400 and $500 respectively!

This had nothing to do with the fuel surcharges that apply now to all cruises. The only saving grace on that is there is a max charge they can charge per sailing.

Some sailings have decreased in price. Unfortunately, neither of my sailings is going down, but have both gone up in price!

If you see a sailing you are interested in, book it and keep watching the prices every week to see if there is a decrease. You will get the lower price from RCL if it does drop.

MARAPRINCE

we were going to book at 800 a person....waited as i thought it would go down, nope, i booked at 1040 a person and THEN the people i booked through (American Airlines Cruises) told me that if the price went down before i'd paid the final bill, they would honor that price on my final bill.

STINKER. I should have booked at 800 pp if i knew that! But ahh well, I think it's up to 1600 pp now so why complain> ;)

Archived