Kids on Canada/New England cruise

gjjbmoore

Has anyone ever taken their children on a Canada/New England cruise in the fall? I would love to try this, but I am concerned it will be mostly senior citizens. We have cruised to the Caribbean, so we are familiar with cruising. We are also taking other family members, so I think the older people might enjoy this trip better.

If you have done this trip, can you recommend any excursions?

Thanks.

Has anyone ever taken their children on a Canada/New England cruise in the fall? I would love to try this, but I am concerned it will be mostly senior citizens. We have cruised to the Caribbean, so we are familiar with cruising. We are also taking other family members, so I think the older people might enjoy this trip better.

If you have done this trip, can you recommend any excursions?

We went late August and there were still plenty of other kids. Don't know about after school starts. I would think it drops significantly.

The Peggy's Cove bus tour in Halifax was fun. It was a gorgeous day and a good history lesson. I really wanted to go on the Lobster Boat excursion, but it got veto'd by my daughter who was not into it. For what it would have cost, I didn't want to have to fight just to get her to go.

We were on the Explorer at the end of September for a Canada/New England Cruise. You are correct, the average age on the ship was, well, much older. There were 30 kids total onboard under 17. Needless to say, my son (3) was slightly disappointed that there were only a few in his age range. However, he had a great time, and so did we. I covered a lot of our experiences, including some great kid friendly activities that we did in the various ports in my CC review. You can get to it by clicking on the link in my signature. If you have any additional questions, I'd be more than happy to try to help.

when are u thinking of going, what ship and how old are the kids?

we went last aug on grandeur with 2 boys, then 9 & 14...there were much less kids than on a caribbean cruise that time of year, but there were enough kids for them to have a great time! i think there were about 100 kids total... but they loved the kids activities!

we did the harbour hopper in halifax, which was fun...then wandered around halifax on our own - went to a cool candy store called the freak lunchbox...

their favorite trip we did on our own in bar harbor - diver-eds dive in theatre ( u can google it)...we all enjoyed this one immensely! get to see and touch live sea life brought up from underwater...

any other questions, feel free to ask...:)

Archived