Orlando to Port Canaveral

il26382

Any suggestions for most economical way to get from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? I wanted to fly in the same day as we are sailing. I am thinking though we might be better off to rent a car the day before, drive to Port Canaveral, stay in a motel and have the car rental shuttle take us to the ship. Would appreciate any suggestions. When speaking with Royal Caribbean by phone, they said that they could transport us for $64.00 pp. The website says $70.00 pp ????

I think renting a car is the most economical way to get to Port Canaveral.

Your suggestion to rent a car the day before,drive to Port Canaveral ( about 1 hour)and stay over in the area is an absolute winner !!

Having done cruises the day you fly in and flying in a day early...there is no question...if you want a start to a relaxing vacation...who needs the extra stress....it's worth the cost of a hotel( and probably more !)

Enjoy your holiday!

Sharon

il26382 ,

My wife , mother-inlaw , mother and self did a RC cruise in Feb 2006 we found it easy and economical to just rent a car/suv (depending on how much luggage you have) at the airport it was quick easy and approx 1hr drive to Port Canaveral with pre printed map I took with me. I think we rented from National and they gave us a free shuttle to the ship which was only 5 or 10 minute ride. It was far more reasonable to rent the car than find other ways to get there.

We did what you mentioned. We didn't want to worry about flight delays making us miss the boat. So we flew in the day before, rented at car with Avis and just took the car to the PC Avis office the next morning. There were a bunch of people taking the shuttle to the different ships. Plus having the rental car gave us a chance to go out to eat that night and make a Wal-Mart run in the morning. It worked out really well.

:( We just got back from a cruise on Mariner. We took the Coco Beach shuttle from the aiport to our hotel in Coco Beach. The trip was supposed to take about 45 minutes however we spent 3 1/2 hours on the shuttle with a driver that had no idea what he was doing. We got to the hotel to late to eat and had to settle for what ever we could get in the bar. The driver even had the nerve to ask me for a tip. I would not recomend this shuttle company. I don't think I will sail from Port Canaveral again things are better in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

:( We just got back from a cruise on Mariner. We took the Coco Beach shuttle from the aiport to our hotel in Coco Beach. The trip was supposed to take about 45 minutes however we spent 3 1/2 hours on the shuttle with a driver that had no idea what he was doing. We got to the hotel to late to eat and had to settle for what ever we could get in the bar. The driver even had the nerve to ask me for a tip. I would not recomend this shuttle company. I don't think I will sail from Port Canaveral again things are better in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

I have sent a copy of your post over to CBS to make them aware that you have a problem and as soon as I hear back, will let you know. So sorry you have so much trouble.

Always

Shirley

I sent your post to Ron who owns CBS and this is what he answered back.

Dear Shirley

You as myself, have lived here in Brevard County for too many years and know how long it takes to get to the airport and it is impossible for it to take 3 1/2 hours from the airport to Cocoa Beach. So I know that isn’t true. If they traveled on a day the space shuttle was launching it is possible the trip took 2 hours, but not 3 1/2 to go 46 miles.

I am sorry they were disappointed and wish they would have contacted me as to the full story of what happened.

Sincerely

Ron

Archived