Mexican Riviera Cruise

sloutski

We are sailing on the VOS 3/9.... we booked a hotel right in downtown Long Beach for the night before... so we have a car rented at LAX and drop it off Sunday morning just a block from our Hotel... we used Budget and the location code for downtown is LG2... once we drop it off we just have to catch a taxi or a shuttle from the hotel to the ship...

My husband, I and our 4 year old are booked on the RCCL Vision of the Seas for May. I was just wondering if there is a hotel and a rental car company that are close to the pier?

There are many threads on these boards regarding both hotels and rental cars in the area...

Are you just flying in the night before or staying a few days?

If just the night before, you may want to skip the rental car if staying in San Pedro...

If there for a day or so and not wanting to do more than acclimate and keep your 4 year old entertained, you may also want to skip the car rental and stay in Long Beach...

If you are there for a few days and with a car rental, you may want to stay in another part of town...say the West Side...or Anaheim/Disney...

The ship docks in San Pedro...which is not the most exciting of places--but, if just a night before a cruise, it's very convenient...Two recommended hotels are the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree--I believe both have free shuttles to the pier...You can catch an airport shuttle or a taxi from LAX and eat somewhere near the hotel...

Long Beach is across the harbor, about 6-10 miles depending on route from the pier in Pedro...There are several nice hotels in the Downtown/Convention Center area of Long Beach (Don't stay elsewhere in LB)--the Westin, the Hyatt, the Marriott Courtyard, the Renaissance, the Hilton or the Coast (may be a few I'm not remembering...but any of those will do). Long Beach has a wonderful Aquarium and also the Queen Mary...There is a Free Shuttle that takes you all over the Downtown area...and there is a wide variety of restaurants...Again, if you're there a short time and not planning (or don't have the time) to leave the area, you won't need a car--Taxi or shuttle to the hotel, taxi hotel to pier)...

If you were staying two nights, you could also stay in one of these two areas and get a rental car just for one day and either go tour Los Angeles/Hollywood..or head over to Disney...

So, how much time are you planning on staying and what do you want to do while here?

My husband, I and our 4 year old are booked on the RCCL Vision of the Seas for May. I was just wondering if there is a hotel and a rental car company that are close to the pier?

I'm going on the Vision of the Seas on May 11th. What day will you guys be going?

The only car rental company near the pier in san pedro is Enterprise. If you rent at LAX and drop off across the street from port you pay a $25 drop fee.

If doing shuttle the most reasonable priced one I can find is primetimeshuttle.com

Enjoy your cruise

Archived