the new ha site sucks

nurseblissful

One thing they've left out is the shore excursion booklets. On the old site I could view the booklets and download the ones I wanted. I have looked and looked and cannot see any offering of those on the new setup. You can view excursions by port ... but not in the shorex book format.

One thing they've left out is the shore excursion booklets. On the old site I could view the booklets and download the ones I wanted. I have looked and looked and cannot see any offering of those on the new setup. You can view excursions by port ... but not in the shorex book format.
I'm not averse to learning new things. I was in the the computer business for almost 40 years, working my way up from programmer to systems and network manager before retirement, so I had to learn many, many new things over my career. However, I dislike revisions that delete many of my favorite features, or make them much more difficult to find or use! :mad:

Another thing I just noticed is that the new site has two spellings for the "porch": veranda and verandah. Seems it's always had the h at the end in the past. Now they've dropped it in some places, but not others.

And speaking of websites, it seems CC for the past few days has been reverting to some of its old ways ... can't get in, times out, very slow loading, hangs up after a post, etc.

Hello everybody,

contrary of all previous attempts to glimpse into its Holland America Line WebPages, today, with the new version, I am very satisfied.:)

Great improvement in Seattle !:o

Its maybe, because I do use en iMac 24" and not a Windows based computer:p, for me, all works fine.

And even against a message, that you do not will find your bookings via your Log-In profile, if you did not directly booked via HAL, our next cruise in 6 weeks shows-up…..

And because one should register / log-in, ones in, you have now a really short-cut to do your Immigration paper-work, and your check for shore-excursions.;)

Good luck to everybody,

happy cruising

Anna and Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

106 days - 29'683 Nm

Future Cruise :

=>> MS Volendam, April 1st 2008

event.png

I have tried for four days to get into the book a cruise in the find a cruise site and keep getting 404 error. I solved the problem very nicely, I booked our second choice on Celebrity. In and out with no frustation. One cruise lost to HA because of the site. I wonder how many more are out there like me. I am not a geek but I do know how to get around a site but my attitude about sites are "make my life easy, if you make it difficult I move on to something else that will make it easy." There are two many choces for those who want my money. Sorry HA you just lost two couples for 12 days each in a balcony cabin. Oh, well. I hope it's live and learn.

I really am just very frustrated with HAL's website... I too have been trying to book with them and everytime for about a week now when I go to proceed to booking it times me out. Then I go ahead and imput all of my data again, only to learn it times me out... WTHeck?:mad:

New site is working fine for me (well, except for the search function). IMHO, a major improvement over the old site, which was just embarrassing when compared to most other lines. The key is to register and log in when using the site. Have had no problems looking for future cruises or finding pricing info. Was able to view my current booking and print out my boarding pass etc. Don't see any problem here, works exactly as I would expect. I like the interactive map and the videos although the interface for the video gallery is not the greatest. Deck plans work fine for me. They are on the small side, but fortunately the give you an option to zoom in and out and move them around.

I am using a MacBook Pro with Safari 3. Tried it in FireFox and it seems to work fine as well.

In light of todays more positive posts, especially Gerd's and c-cruise's I had hope so I tired again. Well, I could not even get the site to load through FireFox. It does load with IE but just give me an error with FireFox.

I must admit I do like some of the new features, but they pale in view of the total loss or instability of many of the basic functions like site loading, search and booking that have been listed on this thread.

If their web designers have not yet guessed, most of the world uses Windows not Mac. Many of us also use FireFox, not IE. This must be a terrible shock to them.

It seems like a service based business like HAL would take more care not to make their paying passengers interaction with their web site more frustrating by putting a half done Beta web site out that obviously has serious bugs left in it and several features that are expected but not yet implemented. Someone should be looking for work over this fiasco!

I don't book directly with HAL anymore so I haven't had that frustration. I did look around the site last night and pulled up two relatively new bookings I had made through an agent. I did not have any problem. I just used the booking numbers and they came right up.

I agree that difficulty with the site will cost them some bookings.

I finally got it to work a few minutes ago but as soon as started to try to find our booking for April it went back 404 error. I just sent a note to HA to see what is going on. I do not plan to change my April cruise with HA or my summer cruise I did with Celebrity when I couldn't get throught to HA. As for the site itself, I would put it in an also ran category. I think they have done a much better job to make their site easier to navigate.

I just found another glitch. In looking at Eurodam itineraries, the ones for the 3-day prelude and 10-day fjords cruises show the very same picture for a verandah stateroom and an oceanview stateroom. I'd sure hope someone less familiar with things wouldn't book an oceanview and expect a verandah to be attached!

Archived