Freedom of the seas?

Gixer

Our first family cruise was on Disney too. We enjoyed it so much but decided to try RC Mariner the next year. What fun we had! And returned the next summer to the Mariner again. This summer we are going to try out the Freedom! Honestly we enjoyed RC more than Disney and as you can see from my user name I love everything Disney!

We always book 2 connecting rooms instead of a suite. My favorite are the connecting balcony and inside. This summer we have 9396 and 9401 on the freedom. For a family this is an awesome combo! 2 bath rooms, 2 tv's, we can stay up while DD is asleep, we have a balcony but she can't go out on it unless she is in my room, so I know if she is out there. It costs less as the inside is a cat L.

We are planning on taking the family for my DH'S 70th birthday.. Thinking Freedom in March of "09 when the Grandids have break in Colorado...Love the idea of the balcony and connecting inside..Will the inside hold 4 kids?

sounds like a perfect arrangement...we will need a total of 4 cabins..

1 family of 6..probably 2 cabins...

1 single daughter

Grandma & Grandpa...

if anyone has any input in the way to do this ..please let me know,,,

Also am curious about whether ice skating and rock climbing have fees attached..

What about the kids programs? Is there a charge for the camps?

We just got off the Majesty but know that this will be very different.so much more to do and with the kids...

Thanks...:) :)

NO extra fees for the things you mentioned but for some things you do have to sign up ahead of time, just read your Compass the night before to see when /where to sign up. Also for the ice skating they make you wear long pants and socks so don't forget to pack those!

And the FLOWRIDER is the best! That you have to sign a waiver once, then you sign in daily to ride, they give you a different color wrist band every day. Certain hours of the day they do stand up surfing, certain hours they do lay down/boogie boarding. Again, read your compass for the hours. Your grandkids will have a ball!

42939940415_0_ALB.jpg

Michelle,

I am glad you have enjoyed our reviews. I am just Mike. I get to bask in the glory of my famous and wonderful wife Carol, CAPinBoynton. At least she is famous to me. :)

Yes, girls, he is just that nice in person. :D

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the compliments.

Yes, girls, he is just that nice in person. :D

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the compliments.

OT, but I had to add that I've just spent the last hour browsing your site, especially the Italian ports. I went to Rome in 1991 and had a fabulous time touring with my uncle (who happens to be a priest - we were able to see Pope John Paul II quite easily - I was thrilled when he touched my hand!). Also, I didn't realize there is now a bridge crossing the Colosseum - wasn't there when I was there. Would love to go back someday...

Thanks again for your efforts!

Thanks for all the brilliant info - the more I research this ship the more I think its may just be the right choice for us! The photos were great, its nice to see things from a personal perspective. How many people did the Grand suite accommodate? we are a family of 4, what are the sleeping arrangements? is it a double bed as shown in the photo and does the sofa covert to a pull out bed? Any info on what type of suite would best suit a family of 4 would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for all your help :D

The one bed is a queen sized bed. The couch folds out to be a double bed. So the kids slept in the fold out couch together.

one9marine,

Thank you for the compliment of recommending our website. It is appreciated.

mike and carol,believe me when i say that your site is the best i've seen for FREEDOM. it really helped me on my cruise,so i think it's only fair that i pass your site on. kinda like "pay it forward". Thank You for putting together a wonderful site.

WOW!! Mike and Carol the Freedom website you did was just wonderful.

We are going on the freedom April 13 th. Party of eleven celebrating a 40th birthday for one in the group. It's going to be a surprise if we can all pull this off :) My husband and I have been on sixteen RCI cruises. We have cruised with several different lines but enjoy all the perks on RCI.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the ship.

Dianne

Archived