Another insurance question

traderteacher

Being the penny wise, pound foolish person that I am, I turned down the insurance for my 3/22 Glory vacation. I'm having second thoughts but it is too late to get it thru my TA. Are their any trustworthy online agencies that people have used? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you google cruise travel insurance, you'll find all sorts of resources, and information. It is still possible to buy insurance with your cruise only being another month or so away, but it will be limited to what coverage you'll be able to get. (ie: you could get for medical evacuation, but not for "cancel for any reason"). This is what I did in Dec., about a week or 2 before sailing-just for peace of mind, I bought a policy. I didn't need a medical evacuation, but if I did, and I didn't have insurance, it would have been bookoo bucks, and I'd have to say good-bye to cruises for awhile. I'm not sure if we can give names of companies or not on C.C.:confused: Happy travels!

The website insuremytrip has a ton of companies that you can buy from and you can compare policies side by side. We leave March 5 and I just bought my policy a couple of weeks ago, just in case. Too many stories of appendix ruptures and such for my piece of mind! :D I suppose it is better if you buy early so in case you come down with something it is more likely to be covered, but my only real concern was med evac from a foreign country. In some of those places you would have to be taken out by helicopter. That get a tad pricey!

Archived