Help! Where To Stay In Mobile?

jdhw

We are staying at the Ashbury Hotel & Suites. The price was only $80.75. They also allow you to park your car.

I have never heard of this hotel but it looked nice and the price seemed ok.

Maybe someone has knowledge of this hotel.

We stayed at the "Riverview" something or other.

I think it is the same one as previously posted in the photo. It was being renovated for the name change when we were there.

It was really great to get up in the morning and look out the window to see the boat sitting in dock.

Also if you want a neat place to have a drink and listen to some music......? Go out the back door, across the street to "Veets". A Biker Bar type place that was very friendly and a lot of fun.

Can any give help on where to stay in Mobile? leave on the Holiday May 19th. Thanks for the help in advance.

Joe:)

jdhw,

We're also sailing on the Holiday on May 19. We are also thinking about the Radisson because of parking. Come join us on our roll call on the Roll Call forum.

We stayed at the Radisson. It is a beautiful hotel, on the Historical Registry. They had a park & sail special. I think it was $99. We left the car there and they shuttled us to and from the ship. We also had an allowance for breakfast.

Try the Radisson, it's the tall building over my shoulder on the left side of the crane. They will also let you park your car during the cruise for a fraction of the port parking fee.

2812220960080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

That's not the Radisson, that's the Riverview Plaza Hotel...just underwent a massive remodel. The Radisson is only about 4 stories high and is about 2 blocks from the Riverview.

That's not the Radisson, that's the Riverview Plaza Hotel...just underwent a massive remodel. The Radisson is only about 4 stories high and is about 2 blocks from the Riverview.

Thank you for the correction. The logo "R" on the side of the building looks like the Radisson logo. (atleast to me) I guess it's the Renaissance "R"

Thank you for the correction. The logo "R" on the side of the building looks like the Radisson logo. (atleast to me) I guess it's the Renaissance "R"

No problem. The hotels change names so frequently (or have more than one name) around here it's even hard for locals to keep up...LOL.

I am booked for the cruise on May 29th. We booked at the Radisson. They offer a cruise package if you stay there, and you can park your car there instead of the port. The one night stay includes free breakfast for two up to $20 and free parking. It was around $166. Hope this helps.

http://www.radisson.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the Ashbury coming off my Mobile cruise if anyone has any questions. Nice place, clean with a better than average breakfast buffet. Indoor and outdoor pool, tennis courts. (racket/balls at front desk, free). Simple workout room and keep your car there all week for free. Suite was I think $110 and standard room was around $80, our group had a mix of both.

Walking distance to WestMarine for all your boating needs, had to take advantage of that!

Thaks for the update on the Ashbury. We are sailing in July and I booked there as well. I hadn't heard anything about it on the boards but online it looked like a nice hotel.

Was it worth it to leave your car there or after doing so, would you have rather taken your car to the port?

Archived