Galaxy Sky Suite Questions

nursewurmy

1. What is the duty of the butler exactly? How much do you tip him? Do you tip him every time he does a service on top of the tip at the end? If you do tip him for each thing he does how much do you tip him?

We have never said in a suite, and I want to make sure I do right by those helping us.

2. Also how big is the bathtub? Is it the same size as your standard tub at home, or is it larger?
3. When you say you get tea in your room in the afternoon, is it the same as the tea in the dining room (with sandwiches and scones)?
4. I know you have a larger breakfast menu, but does that include eggs Benedict and if it does can we have it everyday or is it only on certain days?
5. On the princess we were able to get an egg crate mattress added to our bed do they have anything like that in the sky suites?
6. What do they mean when they say personalized stationary?

thank you

[quote name='nursewurmy']1. How much do you tip him? Do you tip him every time he does a service on top of the tip at the end? [/QUOTE]the butler is usually tipped at the end of the cruise --3.50 per day per person

What do they mean when they say personalized stationary?>>

stationary is printed up with your name and suite number on it

The bathtub in a sky suite is your regular, standard size.

You may order eggs benedict every morning if you wish.

Afternoon tea is served from a rolling cart to your door by the butler, and he will offer little sandwiches and such.

In addition to the personalized stationery, you will receive a small supply of calling cards printed with your name and suite number. These can be handed out to fellow passengers should they want to contact you during the cruise.

We just got off of the Galaxy transatlantic from Rome to Baltimore and were in a Sky Suite. There are sky suites on two decks, so hope you have one on Deck 12. The ones on Deck 10 have much smaller verandas. The veranda on 12 is enormous and we ate all of our breakfasts out there. We often had our afternoon tea and yummies there also. There is a overhang but the majority of the deck is out in the open (great for sunbathing or reading). The closet space is wonderful and more drawers than we could use (and we don't travel light!).

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have.:D

Garry

[quote name='reklawr']Garry,
Here are some of the standard questions:
What SS suite were you in?
What was your Butler's name?
Who are the CD and SD?
Where was your CC party held?

Thanks,
Roy[/QUOTE]Roy, we were in Sky Suite 1212 which had a slight front cut-out. We enjoyed this because we got a breeze when sailing, and could see forward.

Our butlers name was Wilfred. He was quite formal but accommodating. Our cabin Steward was Franklyn and he was very thorough in keeping our cabin spick and span.

The CD was Nick Weir, and I think he was a "vacation replacement". He wasn't very visible.

We loved the social hostess. Her name was Roxana Mois and you could tell she really enjoyed her job and loved people.

The CC party was held in the Stratosphere Lounge at 11:00 on the first sea day. Roxana said this is the normal time for most sailings.

If you are a digital camera buff, on our cruise they offered Adobe Photoshop Elements in the computer lab. Because we had so many sea days, I was able to take 4 classes which were wonderful. They're not free ($20 a piece), but I found them worth every dollar and don't know where I would have ever had the opportunity to take class.:)

Bring on the questions!:D

Garry

Garry, No kidding. We're in 1212 for our April cruise. We're in 1203 on our 10/8 cruise.

Do you have any pics of 1212?

I may take the Phots Elements sessions. That sounds like something I would enjoy.

How was Wilfred as far as serving breakfast or dinner on the veranda?
How long did the cc party last? an hour? (this will be our firs cc party.)
How was the ships entertainment?

Thanks,
Roy

[quote name='gkm']
I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have.:D

Garry[/QUOTE]

I was wondering:

1. Was there a lot of noise from the jogging track which is above the sky floor. (We are booked in 1204)
2. Did you have a special mattress or pillows?
3. What exactly does a social hostess do?

[quote name='reklawr']Garry, No kidding. We're in 1212 for our April cruise. We're in 1203 on our 10/8 cruise.

Do you have any pics of 1212?

I may take the Phots Elements sessions. That sounds like something I would enjoy.

How was Wilfred as far as serving breakfast or dinner on the veranda?
How long did the cc party last? an hour? (this will be our firs cc party.)
How was the ships entertainment?

Thanks,
Roy[/QUOTE]
We had breakfast every morning on our veranda and LOVED it. He was always on time (within 10 minutes) of when we asked for it, and always called to say he was on his way. We didn't need an alarm clock. He gave us 3-4 minutes to throw on a bathrobe.

I don't know if there was a time-limit on the CC party. I guess it would depend on your group and how much fun you are having, and if there was some other activity you were planning to attend. It occurred 1 hour before lunch so I think that was probably about the time we left--who wants to miss a meal!:eek: We had a large group, and a lot of us were already friend from a gathering we had on sail-away. On the boards we decided to all meet at the Sky Bar after the muster for drinks and to introduce ourselves to one another. My DH and I made name-tags with our cc I.D.s and real name so everyone would know who was who. It worked wonderfully.

I've heard mixed reviews on the entertainment, but I'm from a small town so soak it all up, and usually enjoy all of it. They are now having an act from the Cirque which I thought was fabulous.

Garry

[quote name='nursewurmy']I was wondering:

1. Was there a lot of noise from the jogging track which is above the sky floor. (We are booked in 1204)
2. Did you have a special mattress or pillows?
3. What exactly does a social hostess do?[/QUOTE]
There was one annoying person that jogged early but he went by so fast that I got used to it. My DH can sleep through anything and never heard it. Most people were very respectful of that deck, and in fact, I don't think they realized what a wonderful place it was. It was always very uncrowded and I would walk there every day. I'm short, but it was 30 more paces than the one on deck 11.

I found the bed O.K., and didn't ask for a special pillow (I bring my own), so maybe someone else can answer that for you.

I can't tell you what Roxane's duties are but she seemed to always be around and mingled with the passengers. She's really quite pretty and has a smile that lights up a room. Once she has talked to you, she seems to remember you (which to me, is quite a feat when you think about the number of passengers and the turn-over).

Garry

[quote name='reklawr']Garry,
Is there anything you would recommend we bring when using suite 1212?

What condition was it in? Any pics of 1212?

Roy[/QUOTE]Roy, the only thing I brought is my own hair dryer. I don't like Celebrity's. And we always order (through Celebrity) wine for our cabin. I like to have a glass of wine while dressing for dinner.:D The steward will take all of the junk food out of the refrigerator for you, so you can use it for your own purposes. One of our group likes his coke and brings a few 2 liter bottles with him and puts them in his refrigerator.

I thought the condition of the suite was good. You could see some wear and tear, but it was minor, and after reading some of the posts, I think we were fortunate. The sofa and chair had no stains, and everything was clean. I think maybe we were lucky to have Franklyn as our cabin steward.

We boarded ship early (11:00) before the cabins were ready and went to ours anyway to see if maybe we could drop carry-on luggage in the closet. All of the lawn chairs and chaise lounges were out in the hall with no cushions on them and the deck was wet from washing. We didn't see this on any other hall, which might mean Franklyn goes that extra mile. The bathroom was spotless.

Garry

Ruth, Suite 1048 is practically the same as suite 1060. Its a few doors down the hall. You can see pics of suite 1060 if you go to this link:

[url]http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=347[/url]

or go to this link:
[url]http://www.cruisestateroom.com/847932/indexships-frame.htm[/url]
click on Celebrity, galaxy, Penthouse deck and then find Suite Cat 1.

It looks veeeerrrrrry nice! :)

Roy

Archived