what are the most exciting snorkel places ( reefs )

fvandewouwer

we are leaving at the end of this month with carnival Liberty and we are looking to all the excursions.

We are snorkel fanatics and therefore I am checking out which reeves or trips are the best to do.

Because we have been snorkeling for many years and a bit all over the world we are looking for the most exciting ones.

Can anyone help us deciding what to take

ports are : St Thomas Captain nautica should be good ?????

Antigua would like to see a bit of the country also

Tortola Norman Island or virgin Island or .....?????

Bahamas they offer a catamaran snorkel seems so short

stuart cove is no option ( time conflict )

or maybe booking something else throught the internet ???

I am going to post this request in also the other places we visit ( hope this will be ok ) and I am appologizing for my bad english

thanks you all so much

greatings from Belgium

forgot to say, we are not interested in a beach break

not that we hate beaches, but they are mostly too crowded

also if possible would like to go with advanced snorkelers or maybe better some divers, not that we do not like people that enjoy a boat ride in stead of snorkeling but we had some bad experiences with this.

People get drunk, beginning to get sick and are looking constantly on their watches to go further on while we come to snorkel as long as we can....

so

any tips, tours etc are welcome, our biggest problem is tortola and the bahamas did not find anything that matches the time of the boat

and I am getting nervous we have only 2 weeks left so .....

what a luxerious problem

for tortola you need to get to the caves and the "indians" absolutely fabulous snorkeling. hopeully the ship will have a shore excursion to these spots.

The ship's excursion will be a cattle boat. Tortola is good so try Patouche. I snorkeled Treasure Caves at Norman Island w/Patouche last week. Very nice reefs and coral gardens. We entered three of the caves and had lunch at Willy T's floating restaurant. A very nice adventure with a good crew.

http://www.patouche.com/

I also snorkeled with Ocean Adventure at Antigua last week. The Eco Tour is the best snorkeling trip in the Caribbean, especially if Eli is captaining the boat. Weather permitting, you can snorkel over the reef out to the Atlantic side at Hell's Gate. That's pretty darn exciting!

Tony often replaces Eli as narrator and snorkel guide. He isn't Eli, but he is a good substitute.

http://www.adventureantigua.com/tour.html

Also snorkeled with Capt Nautica. The only exciting part of this trip is the ride, a high speed pontoon boat. We bounced out to Buck island at 35 knots.

The snorkeling is only fair. A few turtles at Turtle Cove.

http://www.captainnautica.com/feedback.php

Archived