Car Rental Advice

gracie65

We are flying into FLL but ship leaves from Miami. Coming back our flight does not leave FLL till 7:30pm. We have an 8 year old son & don't want to spend several hours at the airport. My question is: Does anyone know of a car rental company that we could pick up near The Port of Miami but drop off at FLL?

We just did the same flight recently so we did The Everglades Tour with the ship. It passed some time but still was at the airport 5 hours early which is way too much time with an 8 year old. I thought the easiest way would be to rent a car & go hit some of the attractions on our own.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Gracie, I know there are a couple of rental car companies that have locations downtown Miami, close to the port. One for sure is Avis. From what I can tell, they do rasie the rates to pick up from this location, might be better to head to Miami airport to pick up your car to save some money. Dropping car off at FLL is not a problem, we have done this many times to kill time just like you are doing.

We have 6 going on our upcoming cruise, so I will do the self disembarkation, go pick up the car and return to port to pick up everyone else. Hoping this will help in lugging tons of luggage all over the place. Hope this helps.

Gracie, I know there are a couple of rental car companies that have locations downtown Miami, close to the port. One for sure is Avis. From what I can tell, they do rasie the rates to pick up from this location, might be better to head to Miami airport to pick up your car to save some money. Dropping car off at FLL is not a problem, we have done this many times to kill time just like you are doing.

We have 6 going on our upcoming cruise, so I will do the self disembarkation, go pick up the car and return to port to pick up everyone else. Hoping this will help in lugging tons of luggage all over the place. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that makes sense with having 6 people. There are only the three of us. I don't think cab fare to MIA is that expensive. I hope you're renting a van!!!!!! Maybe I'll price picking up at MIA & dropping it at FLL.

Whish company are you using?

Archived