upgrade at the pier cost?

cina54

I asked a while ago:

Why do you have to check in first? If you upgrade then, don't you have to go back into the check in line? :confused::confused:

The regular Check In Counters at the Pier are for the Ships' Network(ex: Liberty of the Seas).

The Pier Coordinator will have a list of how many and what type of Cabins that were unbooked prior to the Sail date.

The pier coordinator is UNABLE to check in your Set Sail Pass. You must check in FIRST. . .then you can ask to speak to the Pier Coordinator.

The No-Shows (Customers who are booked, but never show up at the pier)are handle differently. . .

Those Upgrades may be purchased from the Guest Services Desk (Pursers Desk) However. . . those usually are at a much higher cost than the Pier Coordinator.

While the Ship is at the Pier. . .It belongs to Miami, and when the ship leaves the dock any upgrade would be a part of the Ship's Onboard Revenue. (profit ;) )

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Great information...Thank you so much!!

Radio: When is your next "Live from" series?? I so love cruising with you:D

Also...Is there a way to contct you??

Thanks!

My next "LIVE" Trip Report will be in a few weeks, when I sail on my first cruise with Holland America Line.

I will be sailing on Westerdam from Fort Lauderdale. . . .

RCI Cruise Critic fans can follow along by going over to the HAL board. .

Thanks !

Radio

HALATSEA.jpg

Image Courtesy of Holland America Line

My next "LIVE" Trip Report will be in a few weeks, when I sail on my first cruise with Holland America Line.

I will be sailing on Westerdam from Fort Lauderdale. . . .

RCI Cruise Critic fans can follow along by going over to the HAL board. .

Thanks !

Radio

HALATSEA.jpg

Image Courtesy of Holland America Line

OH gosh...you will need to at least make a post here and remind us to go look ! I love your LIVE threads !!!

I think if you search "pier upgrades" on CC, it will come up many times.

Rick

I think some people don't know about the search option..or don't know how to use it....or maybe even want more current information. Some things change, some don't.

I was going to say that we met the pier coordinator to see if we could upgrade but now I don't remember if it was in Miami or Vancouver to answer your question. I think is was Miami but not positive.

Did you upgrade though?

I couldn't seriously tell anybody if there is a pier coordinator in Miami or not. I was never long enough in the terminal to give the pier coordinator a chance to introduce himself/herself to me. :D

The regular Check In Counters at the Pier are for the Ships' Network(ex: Liberty of the Seas).

The Pier Coordinator will have a list of how many and what type of Cabins that were unbooked prior to the Sail date.

The pier coordinator is UNABLE to check in your Set Sail Pass. You must check in FIRST. . .then you can ask to speak to the Pier Coordinator.

The No-Shows (Customers who are booked, but never show up at the pier)are handle differently. . .

Those Upgrades may be purchased from the Guest Services Desk (Pursers Desk) However. . . those usually are at a much higher cost than the Pier Coordinator.

While the Ship is at the Pier. . .It belongs to Miami, and when the ship leaves the dock any upgrade would be a part of the Ship's Onboard Revenue. (profit ;) )

Radio

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww, now that's what I call detailed info.

Excellent...

I was always happy with my bookings and always got what I wanted.

But I sure will try it one of these days. Maybe in September.

Thanks.

And thanks to Sue as well.

Did you upgrade though?

I couldn't seriously tell anybody if there is a pier coordinator in Miami or not. I was never long enough in the terminal to give the pier coordinator a chance to introduce himself/herself to me. :D

Nah, we were looking mainly to upgrade the kids cabin and they had nothing. Turns out though that my kids LOVE insides, which makes it a lot cheaper for me.

This is a great thread...I tried to upgrade at the pier through RC once and it was way too expensive. We are sailing the Freedom in May and I am going to try the pier coordinator route. Am I correct in understanding that if I ask, I will just stand there and wait for the pier coordinator after checking in OR can someone here tell me how to find them (in Miami) after checking in? Thanks.

This is a great thread...I tried to upgrade at the pier through RC once and it was way too expensive. We are sailing the Freedom in May and I am going to try the pier coordinator route. Am I correct in understanding that if I ask, I will just stand there and wait for the pier coordinator after checking in OR can someone here tell me how to find them (in Miami) after checking in? Thanks.

When you check in ask the person who is checking you in where the pier coordinators desk is.

Nah, we were looking mainly to upgrade the kids cabin and they had nothing. Turns out though that my kids LOVE insides, which makes it a lot cheaper for me.

Yeah. . . it is sometimes hard to get an upgrade. . .

Last summer on Grandeur, I tried for an U/G(from D2), when I went to the PC desk;I was told that there were several Balcony cabins avail, but they were only allowing U/G's for those in an inside cabin or OV.:confused:

I had an OV cabin on in '06, and was told that there wer only IS and OV available. . .:confused:

Oh well. . . It doesn't hurt to try :rolleyes:

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks - We are on the Legend out of Santo Domings and we visit 5 different islands each week - think we'll just check out the situation and see and depending on the upgrade and $$ as to if it would make it worth it to have to move if necessary.

Susan

Mine on the other hand likes the balcony.:eek:

Denise

they are learning quickly the cheaper the more we get to go. They get to visit our balcony though!!! They love the pitch black for sleeping. They are teenagers so it is perfect.

Archived