Aternoon Tea in Saint John NB?

paylady

This will be our second cruise with a stop in St. John and we are looking forward to visiting this city once again. We plan on walking around the city, having lunch, etc.

I was wondering if afternoon tea was offered anywhere in Saint John. I can't find any reference to it during my research thus far.

The Infusion Tea Room at the Old Saint John City Market has an English Afternoon Tea. This is from their website:

Our Classic English Afternoon Tea (by reservation) is unique to Saint John. It features wonderful tea sandwiches (Wolfhead Smoked Salmon with fresh dill, Starburst Cucumber on cream cheese, traditional Egg Salad on whole wheat, and Asparagus wrapped in Proscuitto) fresh baked scones served with fresh fruit preserves, lemon curd, and clotted cream; fresh fruit tartlets; delectable lemon squares; strawberries dipped in chocolate and, of course, tea (45 from which to choose - black, green, white, oolong, rooibos, herbal, and fruit & herbal blends).

The website is http://www.sjcitymarket.ca/merchants/infusion.html

The ladies that own it are wonderful people to meet.

Archived