Infinity Aft Corner Cabin

okgal

I think some of the best pictures I've seen of this type of cabin are 7202 on the millennium. Is very similar to 8166 but one deck down and a balcony might be a tiny bit longer - but not a huge difference.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b3599a7884bd&sid=0AbMmblu3bNGL1Y

There are some other links here:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

Great to find these pics of the Millie FV cabin. Thanks!

We had 8181 on the Infinity in 2005 to Alaska, and loved that cabin. We have the same cabin, 8181, on the Millie in 78 days :D The two cabins look slightly different, but not in any way that matters.

We met people on our Infinty roll call that had 8166, and we had a great cocktail party there. LOTS of people can fit on that verandah! It was perfect for viewing Hubbard Glacier, because we could all watch from our cabin, 8181, and then when the ship turned around, we ran to their cabin!

Thanks so much for the wonderful pics!! I think we booked a wonderful cabin!!!! Has anyone gone to Alaska end of May? I wonder what the weather will be like? Thanks again for the info. This board is GREAT!

mahdnc, from the rear pics of the Millie, it appears that the higher the FV corner aft cabins, the narrow and longer the verandahs are. Is that correct?

Your pics of the Infinity FV set me up in 2005, now your pics of the Millie FV are setting me up for 2008!

Thanks much!

OK gal, we went to Alaska early June, and the weather was perfect. We had tshirt and short weather every day except at Hubbard Glacier, where it was icebox cold.

BUT, you are in Alaska, so the weather can change in a snap. If you take clothes to dress in layers, and be prepared to a bit of rain, you should be OK. Pick up a couple of cheap rain ponchos at Big Lots or WalMart or something like that, and you should be fine.

Has anyone stayed in one of the Aft corner cabins on Infinity? We just booked cabin 8166. I would love to see photos of cabin and verandah. Thanks for any info!!

Congrats on snagging one of the best non-suite cabins on Infinty! We've sailed these cabins twice and loved them. Once on deck 9, the other time on deck 7.

Are you a party of two in this cabin, or a family of three or more?

mahdnc, from the rear pics of the Millie, it appears that the higher the FV corner aft cabins, the narrow and longer the verandahs are. Is that correct?

Your pics of the Infinity FV set me up in 2005, now your pics of the Millie FV are setting me up for 2008!

Thanks much!

Glorya,

I am glad that the pictures are of use for you!

My measurements showed that the Deck 7 FV balcony was 3 feet longer than the Deck 8 FV. Presumably the Deck 9 FV is another 3 feet shorter than Deck 8.

The width between the balcony partitions were the same for our Deck 7 and 8 FVs. However the width of the solid wall extension of the balcony is narrower for the Deck 7 FV (don't have the measurement in front of me right now).

Overall I measured the Deck 7 corner FV balcony to be 359 sq ft in size. Our Deck 8 corner FV balcony was 327 sq ft.

David

Congrats on snagging one of the best non-suite cabins on Infinty! We've sailed these cabins twice and loved them. Once on deck 9, the other time on deck 7.

Are you a party of two in this cabin, or a family of three or more?

We are a party of four.

Can a party of less be bumped? It's a GUARANTEE, isn't it? How does that work? Can you be bumped after final payment??? :confused:

The OP of the thread linked below was booked in a FV as a party of two, however bumped to a Sky Suite as Celebrity needed the cabin for a larger party. Apparently Celebrity reserves the right to displace parties of two in the event they need the FV down the road for larger parties. It's just a gamble you take with two people in category FV. We've sailed as a party of two without any problem, but people should be aware of the possible consequences nonetheless.

Some people feel getting bumped from FV to a Sky Suite isn't half bad. Others don't want to be bumped, such as the OP in this case, because they specifically booked the FV for the large deck space.

Personally, the next time I want to book a FV without being bumped, I'd give serious thought of paying the 3rd and 4th person fare, using names of friends, relatives, etc who somehow "miss the ship" on embarkation day! At the very least, parties of two booking FV should be made aware of the possiblity of being bumped.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=714397

David...I so enjoy seeing those pictures of the cabin...They are of good use seeing how the beds are laid out and all. I am so excited and seeing them makes me feel like I am there. I can't wait...5 more weeks.

Thanks so much for the pictures!

Alisia

Thanks, Alisia. Speaking of bed layout, as I was looking at FV photos I noticed a small difference between the starboard and port side corner FVs.

With the sofabeds folded out the floor access to the balcony door is different. The two FVs (7202 and 8166) that we have been in were on the starboard side. Here is a photo:

47b8df20b3127cce98548f01481800000047100AbMmblu3bNGLA

Here is a passenger photo of Summit FV 7199 which is on the port side of the ship:

2633608020091901655S600x600Q85.jpg

So excited to see these pics. We're sailing southbound in Alaska this July, and had a Sky Suite on the left side (sorry, haven't figured all that out) for my DH and 17 y.o. DS and I. Just found 8166, aft FV for $2500 LESS so put a hold on it.

Should I do it? Can't see why I wouldn't after looking at these photos. Was the motion worse than on the 6th deck? We had cabin 6101 booked.

So excited to see these pics. We're sailing southbound in Alaska this July, and had a Sky Suite on the left side (sorry, haven't figured all that out) for my DH and 17 y.o. DS and I. Just found 8166, aft FV for $2500 LESS so put a hold on it.

Should I do it? Can't see why I wouldn't after looking at these photos. Was the motion worse than on the 6th deck? We had cabin 6101 booked.

Definitely keep the FV 8166, it is the best you will do for the money. Also much better for three people.

Believe me, you won't regret this decision. The AFT FV is my cabin of choice - period. I can cruise without a butler anytime.

Don't worry yourself about the motion on the ocean. It's mostly protected waters on Alaska 7 night north/south cruise. We had FV 9199 for 13 night W/C Alaska cruise and it was great all the way. Had a Sky Suite to Hawaii and while OK, would have preferred an FV.

Enjoy Alaska and the ship.

Archived