can you get Euros on Carnival Freedom

maryrnp

Hi. I know there is a lot of information I read about Euros, but still am not clear.

For those of you that have been on the Carnival Freedom, I know you can get Euros through pursor, but what is conversion rate, and are there any other fees?

Also, are there ATMs on the Freedom, and does the ATM give Euros, and again what is the rate, and fees?

I have read that once in Euripe there are many ATMs, but if I can get them on the ship, I would rather do that.

If that doesn't turn out to be an option, how do you get Euros if you are on tours all the time?

If anyone can clear this up for me, Iwould greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Living in Europe I would recommend that you not take Euros from an onboard ATM.

Every airport in Europe has many ATMs on site, and many have them right in the baggage claim area. The rate of exchange at "public" ATMs is always the commercial rate of that day. (Halfway between buying and selling.) The ATMs that are "private" can both set any exchange rate they desire and charge you any fees they desire, this includes any ATM which isn't marked with a particular bank affiliation.

Good luck and great journey.

Hi. I know there is a lot of information I read about Euros, but still am not clear.

For those of you that have been on the Carnival Freedom, I know you can get Euros through pursor, but what is conversion rate, and are there any other fees?

Also, are there ATMs on the Freedom, and does the ATM give Euros, and again what is the rate, and fees?

I have read that once in Euripe there are many ATMs, but if I can get them on the ship, I would rather do that.

If that doesn't turn out to be an option, how do you get Euros if you are on tours all the time?

If anyone can clear this up for me, Iwould greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Pick up the bulk of your Euros in Europe. If you want a few going over, call your local banks and check their rates and order them from a home town bank.

Dan

there is a AT machine right in the baggage claim area at rome airport also there is at machines all over the place on the street in rome and europe. Both the freedom and liberty did sell euros they have a desk on promo deck different days and times

Mary, I bought Euros from an American Express travel office before I left. They charge you a flat $40 for how many you want and the rate was not any better in Italy when I went. I don't know where you live, but there are some in Manhantten, I went to one in Garden City on Long Island.

Mary, I bought Euros from an American Express travel office before I left. They charge you a flat $40 for how many you want and the rate was not any better in Italy when I went. I don't know where you live, but there are some in Manhantten, I went to one in Garden City on Long Island.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Seems you are saying you pay whatever the Euros cost plus a $40.00 fee? Please explain. Buying them at a bank, or any exchange. If a Euro was worth $1.20 [wouldn't that be nice?] then $600. US would get you 500 E with no fee.

Dan

Take it from a European resident.

Don't buy Euros in the US!!!

ATMs are everywhere in Europe. You put your US card in and out come Euros. The fee is usually very minimal, perhaps 2 Dollars per transaction and that is charged by your own bank.

The rate of exchange is the commercial rate, which is halfway between the rate for buying and selling on that day -- so better than anything you can get if you go to exchange $ for Euros.

ATMs will let you take cash from your account at home or from your credit cards.

Europeans have had ATMs for years and years, we love them and they are EVERYWHERE.

Don't get ripped off by changing money at your local bank (which thinks Euros are an exotic species) or at hotels or onboard your ship. Just act like a local, go to the ATM and stick in your card, voila out come Euros.

(I do the same in reverse when I visit the US and save time and fees and a bad exchange rate.)

Archived