Nassau for adults?

josieriv

My husband and I will be without our kids on this cruise:D and are looking for something to do in Nassau where there won't be hundreds of other kids. Are there any quiet beaches, preferably one with a couple beach bars that anybody can recommend?

Thanks

We were just at the British Colonial Hilton Sat., Feb. 15th during our cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas. It is a short walk from the ship. It's only $15 a person for use of the pool, beach, chairs, Palapas, towels, floating tubes and kayaks. It was very empty there, thus very relaxing. There were a few people, but nothing anywhere near what it would be like on a ship excursion to a beach stop (excluding Breezes). There weren't many kids at all. There were empty chairs everywhere, plenty of available Palapas and even small tables to put your food and drinks on. There was food & drink service on the beach. We did have to ask the guy working the beach towel hut if there was service and he went and got a server for us. We had some Conch Fritters, Margarita's and Daquiri's. All were very good. The Daquiri's were probably the creamiest I've ever had. There was not one chunk of ice to crunch into at all and it stayed frozen the whole time. Yummy! They also have an open air bar & restuarant next to the pool. It's a very beautiful hotel and this is the 2nd time we've went there. We weren't even actually planning to go here. We were going to go on a booze cruise, but woke up that morning not really feeling like it and just wanted to relax instead. So it was easy to just take a quick walk to this beach and do just that. And this was a lot cheaper too. We would have spent $110+ tip on the booze cruise and we spent a total of $70 here for the amenities, 2 decent sized mixed drinks each and the Conch Fritters. It's hard to find a beach excursion on the ship for this much. Especially one that includes local food & your choice of good quality drinks.

You're all very welcome. Those who go should definitely enjoy. Lauren, when you come out of the building you are required to walk through and then walk out the security gates, take a right and walk along the sidewalk right along the water. When you come to Senor Frogs, the sidewalk will curve to the left, just keep walking a short distance and it will then curve to the right and the British Colonial Hilton is right there on your right.

Here's a few pics to get you all in the mood (the pool was from our last visit, no band there this time):

880306527_ViewofcruiseshipsfrombeachinNassau.jpg.840bd25c4bf54f0607dbd181d7c1575a.jpg

We were just at the British Colonial Hilton Sat., Feb. 15th during our cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas. It is a short walk from the ship. It's only $15 a person for use of the pool, beach, chairs, Palapas, towels, floating tubes and kayaks. It was very empty there, thus very relaxing. There were a few people, but nothing anywhere near what it would be like on a ship excursion to a beach stop (excluding Breezes). There weren't many kids at all. There were empty chairs everywhere, plenty of available Palapas and even small tables to put your food and drinks on. There was food & drink service on the beach. We did have to ask the guy working the beach towel hut if there was service and he went and got a server for us. We had some Conch Fritters, Margarita's and Daquiri's. All were very good. The Daquiri's were probably the creamiest I've ever had. There was not one chunk of ice to crunch into at all and it stayed frozen the whole time. Yummy! They also have an open air bar & restuarant next to the pool. It's a very beautiful hotel and this is the 2nd time we've went there. We weren't even actually planning to go here. We were going to go on a booze cruise, but woke up that morning not really feeling like it and just wanted to relax instead. So it was easy to just take a quick walk to this beach and do just that. And this was a lot cheaper too. We would have spent $110+ tip on the booze cruise and we spent a total of $70 here for the amenities, 2 decent sized mixed drinks each and the Conch Fritters. It's hard to find a beach excursion on the ship for this much. Especially one that includes local food & your choice of good quality drinks.

Wow. Certainly cheaper than the Atlantis trip I just booked. And to think that I scored a deal with booking through Comfort Suites.

If I go this route, there ARE people around, right?

Maybe I'll do this on the second half of my trip.

Archived