Toliet Seat

Gabster

Has anyone brought a raised toliet seat onboard? My 87 year young Mom will be cruising on the Spirit in Sept. Needs a raised seat so as not to throw her back out on the low seats! Thanks

I haven't but was thinking about it for my Mom on our next cruise. It might be worth calling Carnival first to see if that's something they would provide. Sounds like you don't really need a handicap room but just a couple of adjustments. That's where I'm at.

Last year when we sailed on the Ecstasy, we had a cat 12 because Mom really doesn't like showers. She commented that the only problem she had was needing a step stool to help her get in the tub because it was higher than the ones at home so we've found a folding step stool that we will take next year. She's since had knee replacement and has found that the higher toilet seat is much easier to use even after her knee has healed so we may look for one of those as well if carnival can't provide.

Gabster, that's a good question. Cruise lines want to be as accomodating to ALL guests, as much as they can. Tell your PVP or TA about your mother's needs and see if they can contact the cruise company and then let you know. The bathrooms are somewhat handicapped accessible, with rails, etc. and the cruise line may have the raised seats.

My dad also needs a raised seat... we carted the one from home all the way to the ship (Legend) just to find that it didn't fit on the ship toilet. My dad was in a handicapped cabin, so he was okay because he had the bars to hoist himself up with. If I were you, I would check with Carnival or your TA and ask them to arrange to have one in place when you board.

:) Thanks everybody for the good info. I will check with our Carnival PVP. She has been wonderful with everything so far. Carrolldf - she had a knee replacement in December, so the raised seat just makes life easier! Also, good to know that the regular seat did not fit the ship toliet. Happy cruising everyone! Deb

Archived