Island Marketing

vfb2girls

We are currently booked through this company for several excursions and I was wondering if anyone else has used this company? We are using them for our cavetubing/zip line tour and I really haven't heard a lot mentioned about this company. I also am begining to wonder if we shoukld skip the zip line portion of the trip due to the time involve. We are sailing on the Legend and we are in port 8:00am-5:00pm. Has anyone done both of these excursion booked independently and had plenty of time to spare getting back to the ship dock? I have been told if we are that worried about getting back to teh ship we should book our excursions through the cruise line but we found that the excursions that the cruiseline offers are usually so crowded and just not that well put together. Any advice would certainly be welcomed. Thank you.

a private island tour in Cozumel (the driver/guide was excellent, very accomodating) and it was great.

We did a jeep caravan in Grand Cayman, that was just OK. The tour was what they said it would be, it just wasn't real exciting. We ended up wishing we just would have found a way to Rum Point beach and stayed there for most of the day. Other than the beach, I wasn't real impressed with Grand Cayman, not much else to do or see there.

As for booking independant tours, I really enjoy doing so. Our first cruise, we did 2 ship tours and 1 independant one. The ship tours were very overpriced and over crowded. My general plan is to book a tour the first half of the day and plan on hanging close to the pier the last half of the day. That way if there is trouble of some kind (the ride breaking down or something) we have a good part of the day to hitch a ride back to the ship.

The only exception I may make in that little rule of mine is now that we're taking our kiddos on this cruise. Belize is one port I may bite the bullet and take a ship tour. Mostly because the ship is offering the same thing we're looking at doing independantly for around the same $$. The other ports on our itinerary (Cozumel, Nassau and Costa Maya) I'm completely comfortable with doing our own thing).

I am so happy to hear the positive reviews, I went ahead and booked three excursions through this company. We are doing the zipline/cave tubing excursion in Belize, the Buccaneer Stingray City excursion in Grand Cayman and in Cozumel I booked the all inclusive resort. I was worreid about the time thing with the Belize excursion but when I e-mailed them with my concern on the time and getting back to the ship on time they reassured me that they have not had any trouble ever getting anyone back to the ship on time. The guides really watch for this. So now all I have to do is sit back and wait for our cruise, probably the hardest thing to do!

• 2 weeks later...

There seem to be several tours that do both Cave tubing and zip-lining. We would like to do both. Is one any better than another? What is the web address of the one your all booked. Am looking on going on the Valor April 27 cruise. First time on Carnival.

Archived