Transportation from airport in Barcelona

There will be 8 of us flying in to Barcelona for our RCL cruise and I'm trying to decide the best way for us to get to our hotel (we are arriving 3 days prior to cruise). This is our first time to Spain. Should we fork out the big money and hire a private driver, take the aerobus or train and then have to go through the hassle of getting on another mode of transport once in town to get to our hotel? We will have luggage for a 10 day trip. 2 families of 4. No small children. Any tips?

The aerobus is a great way to get from the airport into the city - however, as there are 8 of you I would be cautious about the luggage situation. There are racks at the front of the bus for luggage but they fill up very quickly and to be honest they are not nearly big enough for an airport transfer bus. The bus gets really full and usually EVERYONE has luggage. I think the cost is very reasonable but for 8 of you it might be worth booking with a company such as Viator for comfort if not economy.

If your hotel isn't within walking distance of an Aerobus stop, or if everyone isn't capable of walking/pulling their own luggage, then I think taxis or a pre-arranged driver would be best. For 8 of you, the Aerobus will be 32E... enough that it's worth comparing to the cost of a private transfer.

DH & I took the Aerobus, had a two block walk and were fine with it. There weren't many people on the bus, so it was easy to watch our luggage...and the bus we were on had a luggage rack in the middle of the bus.

We are staying in an apartment around the corner from the Sagrada Familia. Quite a ways from the Aerobus stop (if I read it correctly) of Placa de Catalunya. We have priced a private driver....$240 for 8 of us. It doesn't seem any less expensive even if we split up. We are all capable of pulling our own luggage...even the kids, but once we get into city center it looks like we would have to get more transportation from there.

Archived